⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Official Ford Maverick discussion thread

4K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  Super Duty 
#1 ·
I know we've got a thread already about Maverick reviews, but I figured we could use a 1-stop-shop for all things Maverick. But for the Lightning, I feel like the Maverick would easily be the most interesting new Ford truck in a generation, and I get the sense there are a few people looking at uncertain wait times for the Lightning that might be curious as to what the Maverick might be like as a stop-gap.

I'll keep updating this thread with info and news, but if you want to go deep, feel free to jump over to the sister forum, Maverick Chat.

Just like we do, the Maverick Chat forum has a cool reservation tracker with lots of cool data about what trim levels are popular and what vehicles people will be trading in. It's definitely worth poking around in.

And don't forget to say Hi in the welcome thread if you do end up joining that community too.

#2 ·
You can watch Ford's Maverick debut video on this thread. They also share all the specs that Ford initially made public, including details about the platform, dimensions, powertrains, etc.

And this thread has the official press release details from the launch.

#3 ·
This thread has a great video about the way the bed was designed. It's clear Ford put as much work in here as they did in the Lightning's frunk (I love that frunk!).

But of course there's been more than just the one take on this.

#30 ·
Took my new XL from Panama City Beach to Bowling Green Ky. doing about 80 MPH (hit 95 MPH). Steady ride, solid and little wind chatter. Average MPG going at that speed plus running up and down the Smokey's Foothills, Mammoth Cave, Nat. Corvette Museum (saw more ZO 6's than Mavericks. 10 to 0! I paid $3.79 a gallon one day and the very next day ALL gas stations went to $3.99 per gallon for 87 Octane. Every Single Station. Twenty-Cent hike overnight! I got about 27-28 MPG. That's acceptable....for now. HA! Hybrid order is going to be thrown in the hat in August. This wait won't be as painful. It took 6 months to get what I needed. Now I'm prepared to wait 2 years for what I really wanted. My best guess is I'll be looking at a 2024 Maverick Hybrid maxed-out (except the '360') and expect delivery when Hell freezes over.

#5 ·
Sticking with fuel economy - a bunch of the media reviews have returned fuel economy numbers well ahead of the EPA rating.

And this thread has a cool article explaining why the Hybrid was such a big part of Ford's planning for the Maverick.

#7 ·
Ford knows how to sell accessories, of course, and this video breaks down the ordering options. Spoiler alert: there are a lot

The XL model made headlines for being available (just) under $20K. That's super cheap for a new truck! But you do give up some features most of us have come to take for granted, like cruise control. Here's a thread on how people are finding that sacrifice.

And I'm kinda burying the lead here, but just like there has been delays and uncertainty for Lightning reservations, the early Maverick customers (especially the Hybrid fans) have been using the forum to track production progress. This thread on Hybrid availability is a roller coaster.

#14 ·
This photo of a Maverick next to a Rivian R1T and a Hummer EV is kinda fun to look at, but I'm not really sure why someone brought them all together. Anybody know where this photo came from? It looks like it was part of a photoshoot.

#15 ·
TFL did their towing torture test on the Maverick and Hyundai Santa Cruz. Both trucks faired well!

And Savageese dropped their Maverick review this week. It's also positive while not shying away from some of the weaker points.

#16 ·
Speaking of weaker points, there's a stop sale order on the Maverick (and Mach-E) because the rear seatbelts weren't installed correctly 😬

#20 ·
Wondering how much tighter the bed of the Maverick is compared to a half-ton like the Lightning?

#25 ·
A few threads showing the Maverick with non-standard wheels. I like the black steelies best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.