⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wondering how much tighter the bed of the Maverick is compared to a half-ton like the Lightning?
The Maverick bed is ~54” long, which is 6” shorter than a Ridgeline, so if you think the Honda is too small the Maverick is a non-starter.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
An owner in Canada got his Maverick wrapped to rep his business. There's no sign of the Area 51 paint and it looks like the whole job cost around $3,800 Canadian.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
A few threads showing the Maverick with non-standard wheels. I like the black steelies best.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fuel economy has been one of the big headlines for the Maverick. The Hybrid is obviously the standout with 42-mpg city, and 37-mpg combined, but the 2.0t does pretty well for itself with 26.6-mpg combined.
Took my new XL from Panama City Beach to Bowling Green Ky. doing about 80 MPH (hit 95 MPH). Steady ride, solid and little wind chatter. Average MPG going at that speed plus running up and down the Smokey's Foothills, Mammoth Cave, Nat. Corvette Museum (saw more ZO 6's than Mavericks. 10 to 0! I paid $3.79 a gallon one day and the very next day ALL gas stations went to $3.99 per gallon for 87 Octane. Every Single Station. Twenty-Cent hike overnight! I got about 27-28 MPG. That's acceptable....for now. HA! Hybrid order is going to be thrown in the hat in August. This wait won't be as painful. It took 6 months to get what I needed. Now I'm prepared to wait 2 years for what I really wanted. My best guess is I'll be looking at a 2024 Maverick Hybrid maxed-out (except the '360') and expect delivery when Hell freezes over.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Took my new XL from Panama City Beach to Bowling Green Ky. doing about 80 MPH (hit 95 MPH). Steady ride, solid and little wind chatter. Average MPG going at that speed plus running up and down the Smokey's Foothills, Mammoth Cave, Nat. Corvette Museum (saw more ZO 6's than Mavericks. 10 to 0! I paid $3.79 a gallon one day and the very next day ALL gas stations went to $3.99 per gallon for 87 Octane. Every Single Station. Twenty-Cent hike overnight! I got about 27-28 MPG. That's acceptable....for now. HA! Hybrid order is going to be thrown in the hat in August. This wait won't be as painful. It took 6 months to get what I needed. Now I'm prepared to wait 2 years for what I really wanted. My best guess is I'll be looking at a 2024 Maverick Hybrid maxed-out (except the '360') and expect delivery when Hell freezes over.
Welcome to the forum @mlshirey52! Are you considering the Lightning at all or are you set on getting the Maverick hybrid?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts