Ford Lightning Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dealer told me to come in person on Oct 26 and ask for Elmer. I never officially got an email but have been emailing with the internet sales person. I’m at the Tustin Ford Auto Nation dealer. They sound very unorganized. I told them I never received an email from Ford about the Oct. 26 open bank date nor did I receive anything from the dealership but you’re asking me to come in and meet in person. Internet sales guy says he did not hear about the Oct. 26 date being pushed back to Dec.

I’m trying to get the basic Pro version. The only option I really want is running boards for the family. If not available on the Pro, can you buy the part and just get it installed aftermarket at a shop?

Has anyone else get confirmation about coming in on Oct. 26?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My dealer told me to come in person on Oct 26 and ask for Elmer. I never officially got an email but have been emailing with the internet sales person. I’m at the Tustin Ford Auto Nation dealer. They sound very unorganized. I told them I never received an email from Ford about the Oct. 26 open bank date nor did I receive anything from the dealership but you’re asking me to come in and meet in person. Internet sales guy says he did not hear about the Oct. 26 date being pushed back to Dec.

I’m trying to get the basic Pro version. The only option I really want is running boards for the family. If not available on the Pro, can you buy the part and just get it installed aftermarket at a shop?

Hey @Irvineboy. You might want to call and ask about this delay.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The interest sales manager says it is still Oct. 26 and has not been moved back. I will confirm with the guy who deals with EVs. I did not receive any email about pushback or confirmation about Oct 26 so I have no idea. Did everyone get an email?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Haven't heard any news about a push back date.

Also @Irvineboy yes I would with 95% confidence tell you that running boards will be able to be put in your truck aftermarket. They are using the same frame for the lightning I just don't know about exact bolt placement. But my educated guess says that if it fits on a regular f-150 it will fit on the Lightning.

You definitely don't need to go in yet. If the banks do open tomorrow take the time to build it on the website and I will also be proving the order guide as long as it's available here for everyone to look through at the options. If you already have a reservation you will have some time before you need to lock in the order.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spoke to the sales rep. He says as of now, it is still Oct 26 and the order needs to be done in person at the dealership. They are not doing it over the phone. I’ll have to find out the mechanics since I have not even got loan information finalized or anything. Pro is good enough for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You don't need to get any loan information right now. Most loans approvals are only good for 45-90 days max and the truck will take longer to get to the dealership. Plus it is my understanding that it should be able to qualify for any incentives that Ford is offering on most f-150s at the current time so by the time of delivery they may even have 0%.

In-person ordering is odd that they would make you come in for something as simple as an order but as I said you don't need to show up as soon as the doors open.

·
Registered
295 Posts

I don't think getting running boards will be an issue whether it's from Ford or from an aftermarket company. I can't see the body being that different from the ICE F-150s where that'd be a problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have not seen if running boards is an available option on the Pro. I know it comes standard on the XLT. I can see Ford trying to make us buy the XLT for the boards. How much are running boards from the parts dept? Is there a cheaper website that Ford owners typically use?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have not seen if running boards is an available option on the Pro. I know it comes standard on the XLT. I can see Ford trying to make us buy the XLT for the boards. How much are running boards from the parts dept? Is there a cheaper website that Ford owners typically use?
Not necessarily a cheaper website just an aftermarket one that has a good reputation and customer base. Honestly they probably even sell them on Amazon. And you can do them yourself if your any kind of handy. My only thoughts were that if the battery was positioned oddly it may prevent attachment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yeah the only thing I’m worried about is how the battery placement is that would prevent the current F150 boards from installing underneath. I was thinking of buying the Lighting boards (if they sell them separately at the parts dept) and just installing them myself so I don’t have to buy the XLT. Assuming sales won’t let me add it on as an option for the Pro.

Is there a comparison of what you get on the XLT over the Pro? I prefer the vinyl seats in the Pro over the cloth seats in the XLT. I prefer the smaller 12” horizontal screen on the Pro. I would like a 360 camera or even a backup camera. Other than that, don’t need a full electric lift gate that is offered on the higher end models. Exterior lighting is nice but not sure if you can upgrade that on the Pro.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts