⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the app and truck up to date (been double checking a lot lately hoping my FCSP problems and broken Speed Warning setting will get fixed).

Ford confirmed it's not supposed to be there yet in a chat with me today. Clearly not completely true, since you folks have it, but it wouldn't be the first time that Ford's right hand didn't know what its left had was doing though.

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ford Pass app version 4.20.0. Can’t figure out how to see latest software version on the truck. When I click on system updates in the truck it just says I have the latest version. Couldn’t find it on the ford pass app either. Here’s what it looks like on the Home Screen of the app View attachment 4024
What your seeing is the remote start, which is not the PaaK. This feature is great if you want to heat/cool the interior before departure. I also have this on my ICE Expedition.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ford Pass app version 4.20.0. Can’t figure out how to see latest software version on the truck. When I click on system updates in the truck it just says I have the latest version. Couldn’t find it on the ford pass app either.
Your Lightning and FordPass app both show your latest Software Update. The Lightning has it under Settings. Ford Pass has it under vehicle/features & settings. However, you will only see a result if you have received one of the numbered PowerUps. If your truck is too new you may not have been updated yet.

I have FordPass 4.20 and PowerUp 3.4. No Phone as a Key (PaaK) yet. Here's the difference between my Mach E (active PaaK) and my Lightning (no PaaK)

Mach E Profile on Sync 4A screen: Note "Remove Phone" indicating there is an active PaaK on my profile.
Gadget Communication Device Audio equipment Font Display device

Lightning Profile on Sync 4A screen: Note "Add Phone" is grayed out, indicating I cannot set up PaaK.
Product Communication Device Font Gadget Mobile device

Similarly on FordPass:
Mach E shows PaaK Key Settings
Font Material property Screenshot Circle Number

Lightning: No PaaK icon
Font Circle Parallel Brand Rectangle

I'm looking forward to being able to ditch my Lightning key fob! I use PaaK exclusively on my Mach E. Keeps me from driving off without my phone, too!

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ford Pass app version 4.20.0. Can’t figure out how to see latest software version on the truck. When I click on system updates in the truck it just says I have the latest version. Couldn’t find it on the ford pass app either. Here’s what it looks like on the Home Screen of the app
View attachment 4024
I don't see Phone as a Key here. You are showing the FordPass options to open and close, start, etc. That's worked from the start. I even have the main three options (unlock, start, lock) on my Apple Watch.

Here's the PaaK test:
Leave your fob in the house and approach the Lightning. Will it unlock? Does it light up? If not, no PaaK.
Get in the truck without your fob. Will it start and drive away? if not, no PaaK.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well that threw me for a loop because I haven’t actually driven without the fob before so I double checked. I just pulled into the body shop for tinting and ceramic coating, locked the car, and handed the key fob to the guy. Then I walked up to the truck with my phone, touched the handle to unlock, started it, put it in reverse and went for a loop around the lot before pulling back in. I’m pretty sure it’s active.

·
Administrator
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well that threw me for a loop because I haven’t actually driven without the fob before so I double checked. I just pulled into the body shop for tinting and ceramic coating, locked the car, and handed the key fob to the guy. Then I walked up to the truck with my phone, touched the handle to unlock, started it, put it in reverse and went for a loop around the lot before pulling back in. I’m pretty sure it’s active.
OK, great!

Do you have the PaaK Key Settings option on your FordPass app?

·
Administrator
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
Registered
166 Posts
I’ve used it to lock/unlock, pop the frunk, and start the truck to cool. But I only picked up the truck this past Wednesday and drove it cross country back to my new house. Any time I’ve used it I also had a fob with me until I tested it out after you asked - so I’m not sure how reliable it is as the only key. Now it’s getting ceramic coated and window tinting for the next few days. I’ll try to use it exclusively for the week following and report back any issues. I wish I knew the software version too - but all I see is that it’s up to date. I wonder if they rolled it out on some recent builds as a test before pushing it over the air. That’s why I asked in my build week.

·
Administrator
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I wonder if they rolled it out on some recent builds as a test before pushing it over the air.
That’s what Ford has done with some Mach E updates. They come out in full builds before the implementation comes out OTA.

·
Registered
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - Rapid Red Metallic - 13 July Blend Date
29 Posts
That’s what mine looks like for my Mach-E, but I don’t see any “set up phone as a key” button for my lightning yet in the app. Hm.
I received my Truck on the 26th of August. On Saturday as I was setting everything up it gave me directions on setting up PAAK. I’ve used it and it works fine. My screen is below:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
937 Posts
It came up on my phone about a month back but because I didin't remember or know my biometric code (whatever that is) I couldn't finish set up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ford Pass app version 4.20.0. Can’t figure out how to see latest software version on the truck. When I click on system updates in the truck it just says I have the latest version. Couldn’t find it on the ford pass app either. Here’s what it looks like on the Home Screen of the app View attachment 4024
I don’t have any of the frunk or tailgate options in my app and I have the latest version of the app, did you have to do something different?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Well, it's past the latest of 'late summer 2022' availability and my truck hasn't updated to make PaaK available.

iOS FordPass v4.21.0

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don’t have any of the frunk or tailgate options in my app and I have the latest version of the app, did you have to do something different?
Nope those options were available to me as soon as I activated the vehicle in the FordPass app. Frunk, tailgate, lights/horn, unlock, lock, and start. That was on app version 4.20 and still on 4.21.0. Separate from phone as a key. What trim do you have? I’m not actually sure if those FordPass options are trim dependent.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts