⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! So I really would like to get a 2022 F150 Lightning. I currently have a reservation at a dealer in a suburb. I was the 14th person to reserve at this dealer (30 reservations in total). 1 person got to order an f150 lightning in Wave 1. The salesman said if things go as scheduled I have a good chance at getting one this year, but I'm not sure. He is unsure of the allocation.

I reached out to a dealer in a rural small town and they only have 1 reservation. They're unsure if that person got an order invite and they're unsure of allocation.

My question is, given that 12 people are in front of me, does it make sense to switch to a dealer with only 1 reservation? Or is that risky because a small town dealer probably won't get a good allocation? Thank you!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think you're right to be concerned about moving to a dealer with a smaller allocation. The dealer should know by now exactly how many MY22's have been allocated to them, and they should know if the reservation holder was given an option to order. If they don't, thats a red flag for me. YOu don't say what state you're in, but it's been reported elsewhere that dealers in states with EV friendly policies are getting larger allocations, so that could be a factor too.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,408 Posts
I think you're right to be concerned about moving to a dealer with a smaller allocation. The dealer should know by now exactly how many MY22's have been allocated to them, and they should know if the reservation holder was given an option to order. If they don't, thats a red flag for me. YOu don't say what state you're in, but it's been reported elsewhere that dealers in states with EV friendly policies are getting larger allocations, so that could be a factor too.
Since Ford hasn’t announced how many Lightnings will be made, what makes you think every dealer knows their exact allocation?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Since Ford hasn’t announced how many Lightnings will be made, what makes you think every dealer knows their exact allocation?
I just meant to imply that the dealer should know if the 1 reservation holder placed an order. Wouldn't Ford have notified the dealer?

I know nobody knows their final allocation. My local dealer did say that Ford told them they were getting 21. Maybe the dealer has no idea.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer says every EV-certified dealer got 2.

My reservation was in 3:58 seconds after reservations went live. I am #15. This is my 6th Ford truck and I have held and accumulated Ford stock for 20 years.

Marketing kept saying "we appreciate you." Well, I don't see any appreciation.

The reservations should be "first in - first out." That is a reasonable expectation.

Think we need to complain to the Federal Trade Commission. Ford's handling amounts to an unreasonable trade practice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer says every EV-certified dealer got 2.

My reservation was in 3:58 seconds after reservations went live. I am #15. This is my 6th Ford truck and I have held and accumulated Ford stock for 20 years.

Marketing kept saying "we appreciate you." Well, I don't see any appreciation.

The reservations should be "first in - first out." That is a reasonable expectation.

Think we need to complain to the Federal Trade Commission. Ford's handling amounts to an unreasonable trade practice.
To answer the OP question. Since every EV dealer gets two, try for the demo after 6 months. Otherwise we (not married to the offshore investor's daughter) are probably 2024 deliveries at which point, who wants a Ford? The CyberTruck will be in all ways better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts