⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Missing the automatic updates and schedule the update options

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Nag_beer 
#1 ·
Just picked up a brand new 22 lariat which has obviously been sitting on the lot for quite some time. I’m assuming my software is way out of date. I don’t have the option in my ford pass app to create or setup the phone key.

When I go to the system update screen, I do not have any options turn on/off automatic updates nor do I have the option to schedule. The only thing mine says is your vehicle is up to date.

When I check my ford pass app, it tells me to go to the truck and ensure things like auto updates are on. Clearly something is not right.
Communication Device Gadget Mobile device Font Portable communications device

See less See more
#2 ·
You'll just need to drive it a month or two. Depending on how far behind it is (if it is - the dealer can update anything they want to) it will check in to the mothership and as Ford determines what your truck needs it will start sending them out. Ford has done a horrible job of truly tracking and displaying which OTA's you've received.

PS - just because of the way your screen looks with the 2 menus - Controls and Settings I can tell you that you do not have any of the 4.1.X series. You'll get them in the next few weeks once the truck starts checking in regular from drives.

#3 ·
Hi, I bought a 2022 ford lightning lariat demo vehicle from the dealer on 02/27. I don’t even see the schedule updates or automatic update options when I go into software updates menu. Can somebody assist me to get the new software as it still has old version and whenever I pull the menu it says my software is up to date. I tried to speak to ford software team but no luck with it.

#4 ·
Dealerships are supposed to update the software prior to delivery but that doesn't always happen. After delivery, it can take weeks to get the first update.

First question: Is it a Lariat with the Standard Range battery and 12' landscape center screen or the Extended Range battery and 15.5" portrait screen?

Second question: What does your upper-left corner of the center screen show/ Is there a little truck image or a little home icon?

#6 ·
Sorry about your problem. I too have an update/software issue.

I look at your screenshot longingly. At least it has the Truck and Settings icons. when I updated to 4.1.3 I lost all access to all Settings. My home screen now looks like this:

Font Gadget Display device Multimedia Electronic device

Font Gas Electric blue Nature reserve Signage

Maddeningly my dealer can't help.

This has been going on for three weeks. I keep waiting for a new update (or even access to the releases after this one).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.