⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting as a PSA to Marylander's on this thread: HB1391 extends the expiring EV tax credit of $3,000 when you purchase an EV but reduces eligibility by lowering the maximum cost of the vehicle from $63,000 to $55,000. This means if your vehicle exceeds $55,000 you will get nothing back on the 6% you pay the State for purchasing your vehicle. I emailed all members of the Committee taking up this legislation and surprise, not a single response. My email suggested they take the limit up to $80,000 to match the proposed federal legislation in BBB - I know, probably a moot point but nevertheless they are going in the wrong direction - autos, like everything else, are not less expensive now than they were a year ago. If you are so inclined feel free to email me at [email protected] and I'll provide you the email addresses of the Committee members.

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,088 Posts
Posting as a PSA to Marylander's on this thread: HB1391 extends the expiring EV tax credit of $3,000 when you purchase an EV but reduces eligibility by lowering the maximum cost of the vehicle from $63,000 to $55,000. This means if your vehicle exceeds $55,000 you will get nothing back on the 6% you pay the State for purchasing your vehicle. I emailed all members of the Committee taking up this legislation and surprise, not a single response. My email suggested they take the limit up to $80,000 to match the proposed federal legislation in BBB - I know, probably a moot point but nevertheless they are going in the wrong direction - autos, like everything else, are not less expensive now than they were a year ago. If you are so inclined feel free to email me at [email protected] and I'll provide you the email addresses of the Committee members.
It would be great if they increased trucks to $80K like was found in the Build Back Better bill. However, I know there is pressure within the General Assembly to even reduce the maximum to $40K.

· Registered
988 Posts
I still want to know what happen with last year. I got the Mach E and wasn't able to claim anything on MD taxes. I didn't dig into that but is that well not being funded? Dried up? I was able to do Federal. Hogan seems bent on making us pay more to travel around.

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,088 Posts
Remember that your representatives in MD government want to hear what you care about. If you want to have them support this, let them know!

· Registered
988 Posts
Remember that your representatives in MD government want to hear what you care about. If you want to have them support this, let them know!
Yea I did, but if the value is currently 63k, that isn't even going to do anything about the Lariat or the incentive in the BBB. Is that value on the sticker or the deal you make for the loan?

· Administrator
3,088 Posts
Yea I did, but if the value is currently 63k, that isn't even going to do anything about the Lariat or the incentive in the BBB. Is that value on the sticker or the deal you make for the loan?
MSRP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.