⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to try and order a Renegade Cover - Renegade Bed Covers | The Next Generation of Tonneau Bed Covers - and a rep called me after a few back and forth e-mails, to say that they didn't have one yet for the F-150 Lightning - from my understanding, the box on the Lightning is the same as the box on the ICE F-150 - or am I missing something? Any insight here would be appreciated (or recommendations for other Tonneau covers that are hard-fold, allow use of the full bed when open or easily removed and have rails to enable rack mounting....)

· Registered
134 Posts
Exactly the same dimensions. Any cover or bed accessory for the ICE will fit the lightning. They prob just haven’t “tested” to verify.

I installed the Bakflip MK4 without issue. Power tailgate Works and all.
Added the Ford foldable bed extender too, mounting holes are there and works flawlessly.

· Registered
18 Posts
It depends on the cover. Flush ones should fit the same as 2015+ F150. “On top” ones may need to be for 2021+ as the tailgate is slightly different. For example the Extang Solid Fold 2.0 from older F150 will work but doesn’t fit quite right on the tailgate.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In talking with the sales guy some more, he seems to think it's something to do with the attachment of the cover because they actually mount a rail the length of the bed. Anyways, thanks for the feedback all - going to wait this out a bit and see what they come up with, otherwise, going to do an Undercover Armour Flex with a Truxedo Elevate rail system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts