⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

It’s Time To Order (Questions)

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Ragnus 
#1 ·
New to the forum and have enjoyed reading all the posts. I received my “time to order” email on 1/19. Stopped by the dealer yesterday to look at colors and meet the salesperson. Salesperson told me one I configure the order they will process it. Dealer had a lightening that had just delivered in antimatter blue that was awesome. I checked out the website and the pro and xlt are not available. Really want the sunroof so I guess it’s the lariat. Will make final decision next week. I do have some questions:

1. When is the final selling price with the dealer finalized? I have read the threads regarding dealers tagging on $.

2. Do you put another deposit down after ordering?

3. Total price on website after configuring is $87,719 with the 511a package. Love the truck but sure seems high.

4. Can you get the XLT with the moonroof package? If so, can I wait to order when XLT becomes available?

5. Based on uncertainty of economy and high demand and high interest rates do you think it would be better to wait and see if prices come down?

Thanks in advance for any input.

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on getting to order. Below answers are a sample size of 1 and combined with what I have seen on other threads so take with a grain of salt:

1) Selling price really is dealer-dependent and many good ones out there will be up front about selling at MSRP. It is highly doubtful any would agree ahead of time to sell below that but kudos if you can find one willing. In the online portal you are able to access after placing your order you will see a "Difference from MSRP" line that the dealer is supposed to update with any ADM they intend to charge. Again, some do immediately, some update it later (take screen shots to keep track), some never update but still try to charge higher at the end, and others never charge over.

2) When I picked mine up last week the two deposits I had put down were $100 reservation fee and $500 deposit fee; these were both applied to the purchase price by my dealer, who sold at MSRP.

5) There doesn't seem to be a way to know right now. Tesla came down due to oversupply and market pressure but that doesn't seem to have spurred Ford to lower MSRP. You may start to see some on-lot vehicles below MSRP over coming weeks/months, but not likely to be able to order one as such.

#3 ·
Congrats on getting to order. Below answers are a sample size of 1 and combined with what I have seen on other threads so take with a grain of salt:

1) Selling price really is dealer-dependent and many good ones out there will be up front about selling at MSRP. It is highly doubtful any would agree ahead of time to sell below that but kudos if you can find one willing. In the online portal you are able to access after placing your order you will see a "Difference from MSRP" line that the dealer is supposed to update with any ADM they intend to charge. Again, some do immediately, some update it later (take screen shots to keep track), some never update but still try to charge higher at the end, and others never charge over.

2) When I picked mine up last week the two deposits I had put down were $100 reservation fee and $500 deposit fee; these were both applied to the purchase price by my dealer, who sold at MSRP.

5) There doesn't seem to be a way to know right now. Tesla came down due to oversupply and market pressure but that doesn't seem to have spurred Ford to lower MSRP. You may start to see some on-lot vehicles below MSRP over coming weeks/months, but not likely to be able to order one as such.
Thanks so much that’s very helpful especially how the dealer transaction works. I will make sure to take screen shots for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.