⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can only get Car play to work when I connect to the Lightning hot spot & connect my phone. Every time I shut Truck off I have to reconnect. Previous vehicles I have had once I set it up it reconnected when I start the vehicle. I have tried to connect using my phone’s hotspot however carplay does not work.
Am I missing somethin?

· Registered
39 Posts
See thread: Apple CarPlay connection issues

With two more Furd updates installed I remain having difficulty obtaining a starting CarPlay connection. However I have only had to completely remove/pair/setup once in last 6 weeks, so it's possible something has improved.

The stop, park, off, open door, to cause system to restart was a good suggestion and can sometimes save the day.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I’ll give it try, It currently will not work on my hot spot & I would prefer not to use the trucks hotspot but that’s the only way I have been able to connect car play wireless. I still have to reconnect every time I restart the truck By going into my phone & looking for the trucks hot spot then in trucks menu looking for my phone. Other vehicles With CarPlay I’ve had once it’s set it reconnect when I start the vehicl.

· Registered
39 Posts
I confirm an earlier post that suggested causing the sync system to cycle (by turning off and opening door & close door restart) will likely trigger a successful connection. Today I did this while at traffic light. Process can be completed in ~5 seconds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts