⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Is the chip shortage holding back your F-150 Lightning delivery?

• Yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I'm not waiting on a truck

Votes: 3 17.6%
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
My Lariat, production week 8/17, continues to be on a @chip hold” and the eta dates has been changing as well.
For me when they did the Chip hold, it was right build. The EYT was changed from Sept 30-Oct 6 to Oct 6-10. Right on time, the truck was shipped to meet the same ETA of Oct 6-10. So it seems when they did the Chip hold, they also knew when the needed chip(s) would arrive. That is all I can figure. I guess it depends on your optioned selected and hence the specific chip needed. Good luck.

· Registered
11 Posts
For me when they did the Chip hold, it was right build. The EYT was changed from Sept 30-Oct 6 to Oct 6-10. Right on time, the truck was shipped to meet the same ETA of Oct 6-10. So it seems when they did the Chip hold, they also knew when the needed chip(s) would arrive. That is all I can figure. I guess it depends on your optioned selected and hence the specific chip needed. Good luck.
Finally, mine is built too and being shipped to meet the 9/27 - 10/3 ETA….hopefully nothing else changes. Now comes the trade in process of my 2018 F150!

· Registered
30 Posts
You can get an offer on line from Carnax and Carvana. Both of my vehicle offers were within $500 so you know the value going in.
That’s what we did on our Tacoma- getting quotes in advance- and the dealer offer was slightly higher plus it reduced our tax burden in NY you pay the hefty sales tax on the balance after trade in.

· Registered
11 Posts
That’s what we did on our Tacoma- getting quotes in advance- and the dealer offer was slightly higher plus it reduced our tax burden in NY you pay the hefty sales tax on the balance after trade in.
Unfortunately in RI all trucks are consider commercial vehicles and the trade in value isn’t off set in the sales tax.

· Registered
12 Posts
Just got word from my dealer that my Lariat ER Max Tow is built but is on chip hold. Was hoping we had gotten past all that, but I guess not. Dealer had deleted the security package, heated steering, and on board scales when I ordered hoping to avoid this issue….sigh….

· Registered
749 Posts
Just got word from my dealer that my Lariat ER Max Tow is built but is on chip hold. Was hoping we had gotten past all that, but I guess not. Dealer had deleted the security package, heated steering, and on board scales when I ordered hoping to avoid this issue….sigh….
Note, dealer is not deleting those features; Ford is doing that to everyone due to chips.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts