⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Is the chip shortage holding back your F-150 Lightning delivery?

• Yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I'm not waiting on a truck

Votes: 3 17.6%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Same situation, Lariat ER max tow, Blend date 8/30. On Chip hold, delivery expected 9/16. (I assume that is chip delivery date not delivery to dealer)
So, my understanding via Ford is "expected delivery" is related deliver of the vehicle which will likely get pushed down the road. There is no expected installation provided for the chip delivery, unfortunately. An added concern is the frieght strike that may occur next week...

Potential rail strike threatens to kneecap US economy ahead of midterms | The Hill

· Registered
11 Posts
So, my understanding via Ford is "expected delivery" is related deliver of the vehicle which will likely get pushed down the road. There is no expected installation provided for the chip delivery, unfortunately. An added concern is the frieght strike that may occur next week...
Great, one more issue to slow down the process! I’m trading my truck in and every month that goes by it depreciates and the lightning (net) costs me more out of pocket.

Potential rail strike threatens to kneecap US economy ahead of midterms | The Hill

· Registered
6 Posts

Just an update that my truck was considered "Built" yesterday meaning the chip hold has been released and it ready to ship. Hope others are seeing the same progression.

· Registered
12 Posts
Mine was built Sept 2 and is on a chip hold. Fords internal system the dealer looks at has a ETA in mid-October a 2 week shift later than the initial ETA. So I do have an ETA and will see if that stays solid. Given the average shipping time of 3-4 weeks, I will know within a few weeks. But then will need to not have a railroad strike!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts