⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
381 Posts
I think he was upset because he couldn't pay up $$$$ LOL....and nope you can't sell the reservation, you can give it up but the dealer will then have a truck they can flip - believe me I try to grab a couple more reservations....

· Registered
355 Posts
I think he was upset because he couldn't pay up $$$$ LOL....and nope you can't sell the reservation, you can give it up but the dealer will then have a truck they can flip - believe me I try to grab a couple more reservations....
If you cancel your reservation, I do not believe the dealer gets it. I believe that slot goes to the next reservation holder.

· Registered
919 Posts
I wonder if the dealer bought it from him? They might have some room for a few orders to fail COVP if they get audited.

· Registered
20 Posts
I see he’s upset and not everything he says is fact but also he’s not completely wrong either. A lot of people on this forum believe ford should have been more prepared when they used the pro for getting the EV market attention.
We shouldn’t make fun of people for not wanting to or having 80/100k to spend on a truck.

· Registered
355 Posts
I see he’s upset and not everything he says is fact but also he’s not completely wrong either. A lot of people on this forum believe ford should have been more prepared when they used the pro for getting the EV market attention.
We shouldn’t make fun of people for not wanting to or having 80/100k to spend on a truck.
Um, "under-funded" persons?
😎

· Registered
1 Posts
Hellboy, I saw your posts in another forum but can't find it. So I have to post here. You were speaking about Canadians having or not having purchase agreements and if someone could post a copy.
I definitely has a signed "purchase agreement". But what caught my eye was you mentioning something about the contract not being binding, hence why you keep asking for a copy of a purchase agreement. Going through mine, in a section referred to as "Purchaser Declarations" #1 states that "Purchaser understands that this agreement does not become binding on the parties hereto until accepted and executed by a duly authorized official of the dealer. Sales persons do not have this authority". Then states deposits are not refundable.
Seeing as how the individual from the dealership signs the form where it calls for "sales persons signature" I guess that would be Fords out here? They can say that the sales person does not have the authority to make the "Purchase agreement" binding?

Thanks

· Registered
Lariat 511A
259 Posts
Will likely blow over in 2 years or less, wild inflation going to slow all new car sales, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment likely for a bit. Ford will ramp up along with others and you will get your pro or at least xlt if pros are eaten up by big business. If you do any real driving fuel savings will offset cost, I am in Canada at 1.54 L and I burn about close to half tank at least a day lets say 45 L x 5 days x 4 weeks is $1400 month, kinda makes the truck cheap at that point.

I got mine today and have to say I was very very impressed with this truck, wow Ford nice job. I had half a dozen friends take her for a spin and all were impressed.

· Registered
PRO IcedBlueSilver - TowTech, MaxTow, 9.6kwProPower: RECEIVED Aug23rd
475 Posts
the PRO has become somewhat of a 'lightning rod' for negative discussions and rants about Ford, and their reservation/order invite/build numbers processes, but Ford is not in the business to 'not' sell Lightning, they JUST CAN'T BUILD THEM FAST ENOUGH.
Darren Palmer, head of Ford's EV division, has stated well that Ford made critical commodity and purchasing decisions YEARS AGO for these Lightning trim builds, and yes, woefully mis-guessed the HUGE number of customers who would actually want the 'entry level' PRO model.
'Entry level' is certainly a misnomer, of course, but they were going on past history of how people and dealers order trucks. VERY FEW dealers, and VERY FEW customers ever ordered an 'entry level' F150 - they typically order higher trims and with more 'bells and whistles'.
Look around and see how many 'entry level' trucks are sitting on ANY dealer lots, even all other dealer brands - You'll probably NOT find one.

So, Ford made decisions based on past 'human' behavior - they can hardly be blamed for a miscalculation, after the fact. It is going to take SOME YEARS for the commodity and purchase decisions to catch up with this demand.

· Registered
381 Posts
Will likely blow over in 2 years or less, wild inflation going to slow all new car sales, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment likely for a bit. Ford will ramp up along with others and you will get your pro or at least xlt if pros are eaten up by big business. If you do any real driving fuel savings will offset cost, I am in Canada at 1.54 L and I burn about close to half tank at least a day lets say 45 L x 5 days x 4 weeks is $1400 month, kinda makes the truck cheap at that point.

I got mine today and have to say I was very very impressed with this truck, wow Ford nice job. I had half a dozen friends take her for a spin and all were impressed.
It will be a long time before this one blows over - next October we will see a flood of people complaining about increases again, but look at inflation - you can expect another $10k on top of 23 prices.

2022 owners are really the winners here - we have a truck, with all the features, no deletes, paid a lower price and somehow our ‘investment’ is appreciating

· Registered
Lariat 511A
259 Posts
It will be a long time before this one blows over - next October we will see a flood of people complaining about increases again, but look at inflation - you can expect another $10k on top of 23 prices.

2022 owners are really the winners here - we have a truck, with all the features, no deletes, paid a lower price and somehow our ‘investment’ is appreciating
I see your side but I still bet its not the case unless fuel stays high, if it drops due to obvious reasons then I think your back to your regular ev markets with more cars purchased then trucks. Not all want a truck and not all truck owners are willing to sacrifice towing but lets see where it goes. I lov my new truck but still have diesel for towing any sort of real distance or weight. I am optimistic those that want a ev truck will be able to get one faster and faster as time goes on.

· Registered
195 Posts
An $80k EV Truck is a want not necessarily a need. Towing range and charging infrastructure are poor at this time. It caters to a niche demographic currently at those price points. A $40k-60k EV Truck is what Ford was initially pitching and hence that no longer exists. Why is Ford still showing 39k on website and configurator should show sold out Pro + XLT. Creates animosity and confusion for reservation holders and new buyers.

· Registered
20 Posts
An $80k EV Truck is a want not necessarily a need. Towing range and charging infrastructure are poor at this time. It caters to a niche demographic currently at those price points. A $40k-60k EV Truck is what Ford was initially pitching and hence that no longer exists. Why is Ford still showing 39k on website and configurator should show sold out Pro + XLT. Creates animosity and confusion for reservation holders and new buyers.
Ford definitely played this one dirty!

· Registered
381 Posts
Ohhh interesting!!! Ford Canada put this message that pops before you get to the build site:

F-150 Lightning® XLT

Due to a combination of high demand and global supply-chain constraints, not all models and trims or features are available to order. Contact your dealer for available inventory stock or future availability.

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,784 Posts
The information on Ford's MY 2022 trim availability forecasts has been posted on this forum since January. There has been no indication that MY 2023 would differ significantly from that plan.

Font Parallel Rectangle Electric blue Screenshot

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.