⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live at the end of a 3mi dirt road. I drive off-road every day. Either I or may passenger are jumping in and out to open gates, check fences, etc. I'd give my eye teeth to get rid of the incessant clanging. At least in my old (260K mi) tundra it would stop after 30 secs. Help!

· Registered
38 Posts
In park, parking brake on, all seatbelts unfastened.

Turn truck on acc mode, not all the way on. Wait ~1min for the seatbelt light on your gauge cluster screen to go off. Once it's off, after a few seconds, clip your seatbelt in then out three times. The seatbelt light should come back on. Clip it in one more time and back it out and the light should flash.

Disabled.

Repeat to re-enable.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Turn truck on acc mode, not all the way on. Wait ~1min for the seatbelt light on your gauge cluster screen to go off. Once it's off, after a few seconds, clip your seatbelt in then out three times. The seatbelt light should come back on. Clip it in one more time and back it out and the light should flash.

Disabled.

Repeat to re-enable.
So very cool. I can't wait. Thanks

Disabled.

Repeat to re-enable.
Worked like a charm. You ave made my life immeasurably better. May I buy you a beer?

· Registered
38 Posts
So very cool. I can't wait. Thanks

Worked like a charm. You ave made my life immeasurably better. May I buy you a beer?
Happy to help! I had it fresh in my mind since I went through the process myself very recently.

Knowing I've helped a fellow forum member is enough, but I'll take a hypothetical beer 😉

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Happy to help! I had it fresh in my mind since I went through the process myself very recently.

Knowing I've helped a fellow forum member is enough, but I'll take a hypothetical beer 😉
I do have an update. I thought this was a universal disabling, but it's not. It has to be done independently for each belt. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks again. It's good to know there are others who want the option to turn off the chimes. All best from NM -- 22 degrees @ 6PM!

· Registered
2022 Lightning Lariat Ext Range : Smoked Quartz : Delivered 6/29/2022
33 Posts

Disabled.

Repeat to re-enable.
I’ve got to try this tomorrow! I’m also a farmer doing lots of driving through orchards and fields and the seatbelt reminder drives me crazy in this truck. I asked my Ford dealership about disabling it and they told me they couldn’t due to liability. I was able to convince Dodge to disable the chime (still had the dash light which is fine) on my last truck once I explained the situation. Message me your Venmo and I’ll buy you a virtual 🍺! Thanks again.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ve got to try this tomorrow! I’m also a farmer doing lots of driving through orchards and fields and the seatbelt reminder drives me crazy in this truck. I asked my Ford dealership about disabling it and they told me they couldn’t due to liability. I was able to convince Dodge to disable the chime (still had the dash light which is fine) on my last truck once I explained the situation. Message me your Venmo and I’ll buy you a virtual 🍺! Thanks again.
This works like a charm, but you have to do it for each seatbelt you want to disarm. Nice to meet someone else jumping in and out of their truck at low speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts