⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. Here is my dilemma.
I am #10 in line at the large volume dealer in my area. He said they didn’t do any prioritizations but they were ‘allocated’ 25 prioritizations if they had wanted. So I’m assuming that means that I’m #10 of 25 trucks.
Problem is this dealer charges a $12250 ADM. I obviously have no desire to pay this.
Another smaller dealer in my town is selling for MSRP and I’m wondering if I should just transfer my reservation there…

looking at a fully loaded lariat (likely my choice) vs a platinum. I don’t care about massage seats or a dynamic runningboard or slightly better leather and I don’t like the idea that the platinum may have less range around 280 compared to 300

· Registered
26 Posts
So. Here is my dilemma.
I am #10 in line at the large volume dealer in my area. He said they didn’t do any prioritizations but they were ‘allocated’ 25 prioritizations if they had wanted. So I’m assuming that means that I’m #10 of 25 trucks.
Problem is this dealer charges a $12250 ADM. I obviously have no desire to pay this.
Another smaller dealer in my town is selling for MSRP and I’m wondering if I should just transfer my reservation there…

looking at a fully loaded lariat (likely my choice) vs a platinum. I don’t care about massage seats or a dynamic runningboard or slightly better leather and I don’t like the idea that the platinum may have less range around 280 compared to 300
I'd move that reservation ASAP over to the other dealer and coordinate with them 2 hours after the reservation is moved to ensure they see it in their queue.

· Registered
175 Posts
I think it depends on how long you are willing to wait to receive a truck. With only about 15k lightnings being produced this year (the vast majority being the Lariat 511A), I would saying moving dealerships almost guarantees you will not receive a truck this year and may be difficult next year. FORD has said they have doubled lightning production, but I think that is only affecting the 2023 YM at best, and even then there probably won’t be over 80k produced next year which only supply’s about half of the 200k pre-orders. I agree paying the market adjustment is not what I would want to do, but also I would hate to wait 1.5-2 years on getting the truck because who knows if 7500 tax incentive is still there or if FORD doesn’t do a market adjustment themselves on the MSRP, and you end up paying more a year or so from now, then if you paid the dealer market adjustment.

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,088 Posts
I think it depends on how long you are willing to wait to receive a truck. With only about 15k lightnings being produced this year (the vast majority being the Lariat 511A), I would saying moving dealerships almost guarantees you will not receive a truck this year and may be difficult next year. FORD has said they have doubled lightning production, but I think that is only affecting the 2023 YM at best, and even then there probably won’t be over 80k produced next year which only supply’s about half of the 200k pre-orders. I agree paying the market adjustment is not what I would want to do, but also I would hate to wait 1.5-2 years on getting the truck because who knows if 7500 tax incentive is still there or if FORD doesn’t do a market adjustment themselves on the MSRP, and you end up paying more a year or so from now, then if you paid the dealer market adjustment.
Unless Fryballin can supply evidence supporting his statement that moving almost guarantees significant delays, I would consider that to be one person's opinion.

If the smaller dealership did not prioritize orders, moving an order there MIGHT put you high on the new dealer's list. I recommend you discuss that with the dealership and Ford.

Reactions: DEN2MM

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was under the impression that moving dealers doesn’t change your order in the ‘overall’ line

· Registered
175 Posts
Unless Fryballin can supply evidence supporting his statement that moving almost guarantees significant delays, I would consider that to be one person's opinion.

If the smaller dealership did not prioritize orders, moving an order there MIGHT put you high on the new dealer's list. I recommend you discuss that with the dealership and Ford.
Just call around and see if you can find out how many reservations the surrounding dealerships have taken, maybe you can find one that has taken fewer reservations. However, based on what I’ve read, the Lightning allotment to dealerships is going to be based on historical sales figures, so smaller dealership/fewer reservations means fewer trucks that the dealership will be allotted. Not to mention the fact that with very few dealers not charging a mark up, the ones who say they won’t charge one, are going to be SLAMMED with reservation transfers which essentially puts him at the back of the list for the dealership he transfers to.

· Registered
175 Posts
I was under the impression that moving dealers doesn’t change your order in the ‘overall’ line
I would have thought that as well but with several people posting on here that they ordered extremely early, and didn’t make wave 1, I am assuming that dealership prioritization is playing a role in when someone is going to get to order.

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,088 Posts
I would have thought that as well but with several people posting on here that they ordered extremely early, and didn’t make wave 1, I am assuming that dealership prioritization is playing a role in when someone is going to get to order.
I am unaware of anyone who received a wave 1 invitation who was lower than the #1 at their dealership.

Reactions: Obi66

· Registered
126 Posts
So. Here is my dilemma.
You can move your reservation now if you want. Ford will also gladly move your reservation after you receive an order invite. You can't switch after you place the order, though.

If you think your odds of receiving a Lightning order invite at ADM dealer is better than the no-ADM dealer, it may be best to stay put. You can then switch your invite over to theno ADM dealer after you receive the invite.

In an ideal scenario, switching your reservation like this would take an allocation from the ADM dealer and give it to the no ADM dealer. Unfortunately, we also don't know how dealer allocations factor into a switch like this, so it's possible that it might take longer to get the truck after a switch to the no ADM dealer. No one except Ford corporate would know the answer to that question.

· Administrator
3,088 Posts
You can move your reservation now if you want. Ford will also gladly move your reservation after you receive an order invite. You can't switch after you place the order, though.
When dealers pulled this sort of crap on Mustang Mach E orders, some folks were able to switch dealers up until their builds were scheduled.

Reactions: jojo
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.