⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be obvious to others, but I just noticed new lightnings showing up on dealers websites. I confirmed that they are someone’s order. Interesting was to see how many your dealer is getting back f you are curious.

The grey one is technically used and the are asking about $50k over sticker. I haven’t seen this big of a gap yet.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Automotive side marker light

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,767 Posts
Those are probably their dealer demo models.

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,767 Posts
I don't think so. The dealer told me on the phone that the white truck was going to a customer he knew after he looked up the stock #. Another dealer in Houston has 5 like this on their website all showing up as "in transit or Currently on Order"
It seems odd that the gray one would be used if it weren't a demo. Used vehicles had to have been sold and licensed. The dealer bought it back from the customer, perhaps?

Reactions: Drewski

· Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
680 Posts
Hopefully this means the demand is slowing down.
I don't know that we want demand to slow down. I may want to dump this bucket of bad SW some day.

Also I live about 3 miles from that dealership in Richardson I'll have to start watching their lot. I'm sure they had abandoned orders.

· Registered
680 Posts

· Registered
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2019 Volvo S60 T5 R Design, 2018 Volvo V90 T5 R Design
12 Posts
So only 2 of the 5 have WIndow stickers and they were both abandoned customer orders it looks like. Are they all? Are you selling at MSRP?
I like your vehicle signature and the time warp of ”receiving” the truck 2 months before the blend date 😀

· Administrator
3,767 Posts
So only 2 of the 5 have WIndow stickers and they were both abandoned customer orders it looks like. Are they all? Are you selling at MSRP?
Hmm. Only 2/5 have windows stickers?
@evreica1965 : Have you seen the trucks or are you going by their website? Those pictures on the link you sent are all photoshopped.

· Registered
680 Posts
I like your vehicle signature and the time warp of ”receiving” the truck 2 months before the blend date 😀
Well - that last date was when the VIN was received, but you noted something I needed to do, which was update the signature overall. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts