⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,699 Posts
That's a separate purchase, correct? Any idea on $?
There are two prices to consider: equipment and installation.
Equipment prices have not been released but will probably be thousands of dollars.
Installation costs will depend on your house but will probably be thousands of dollars.

There is more detail in two YouTube videos:
Tom Mologhney's 15 Questions about Intelligent Backup Power:
Cliff notes here: Intelligent backup power
and
InsideEVs Special Edition, Q&A with Ford about Intelligent Backup Power:

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,699 Posts
Ford Intelligent Backup Power Home Integration System, parts only, $3,700
Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Brand

·
Administrator
1,699 Posts
Sunrun now has their information live for folks who have active Lightning orders. It looks like installation of the Ford Charge Station Pro and Home Integration System is a minimum of $9,200.
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel Vehicle

That's $1,500 to install the Ford Charge Station Pro that comes with the truck and $7,700 for parts and installation of the HIS.
There's a big asterisk on the estimate for electrical or home upgrades. Many homes will require additional work to accommodate the system.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
656 Posts
offfa, whelp, probably won't get that installed right away.

I can't remember what that guy said from State of Charge but can you just set up the station and use it to charge without the capability to back-feed the house?

·
Administrator
1,699 Posts

I can't remember what that guy said from State of Charge but can you just set up the station and use it to charge without the capability to back-feed the house?
Yes, the Ford Charge Station Pro can be used as a charger only. You can also down-rate it to match the available circuit -- as low as 20A.

·
Registered
165 Posts

I imagine you will not be alone in this. Even at the very top end this is still another 10% on top of the purchase of the truck, and the all up (not even counting any sales tax) is over $100K at that point. That's quite a psychological line to cross... and the lower down you go, the higher the relative percentage becomes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts