⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered first thing and figured id choose a dealer with a good reputation. i guess not.

they said it will be msrp but they will require add ons.

im very early on the list, but dont want the lojack or anything. i put my order in 1st day in May 2021.

can i move my allocation to a different dealer or am i stuck?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I ordered first thing and figured id choose a dealer with a good reputation. i guess not.

they said it will be msrp but they will require add ons.

im very early on the list, but dont want the lojack or anything. i put my order in 1st day in May 2021.

can i move my allocation to a different dealer or am i stuck?
If you haven’t ordered yet (just reserved) then yes you can move. I think most people would recommend you do your research now for a new dealer but not switch until you get the order email from Ford. There’s an opportunity once you get the order invite to call Ford and switch dealers. They explain the process in the email.

BUT once you hit submit it’s all in the dealers hand. If they accept the order then it becomes their truck to sell to you or anyone else, for any price, once you refuse purchase.

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
412 Posts
This kind of stuff is crap, but I don't know exactly how we get around it. In this case all I can say is that you reserved and ordered a truck, nothing more. Seems you could easily deny these purchases, but I know it won't be that way without a fight and much gnashing of teeth. I would sit and be stubborn for sure though. Per Ford corporate this is your truck, you reserved it and ordered it, it is tied to your and your account. I'd go gown in flames before walking away from it. You just have to be more stubborn than they are.

• Love
Reactions: taxmanhog

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you placed the order without those extras and the dealer refuses to complete delivery of your truck, that would constitute “extra fees” added by the dealer to get your truck. Ford has been clear this is not allowed and that dealers doing this would have their Lightning allocations taken away.

I would send a polite email to the GM letting them know that your salesperson indicated you would be required to buy these extra packages to get your ordered truck. I would attach a copy or reference to the letter from Ford saying this is against their dealership agreements, and then ask the GM to confirm you won’t be required to buy these extra packages. If the GM won’t cooperate, report them to Ford corporate.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My guess is there are some dealers out there more than willing to be shady after you submit an order. Because they know you’re hooked. And if you walk away they’ll make more selling it off the lot.
I hope everybody in this forum keeps this in mind when they walk into the dealership. This is the strategy the dealer used on me with a first edition ID.4. Though, with ID.4s, VW would re-allocate order cancellations to other dealers up to the point they left the port-of-entry. When that high-demand vehicle is on the lot, the dealer has no motivation whatsoever to make a smooth MSRP deal.

Another tactic is to lowball a trade to try to extract their ADM another way. That was less than a year ago, the market is radically different right now. I sold the Fusion to Carvana for twice the 'maximum' offer from the dealer. I had no intention of trading the Ford in, but they were begging to wrap it into the deal. Beware the sleaze!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Show up the day of delivery and demand you take it then as is. Cause once it is on their lot they'll schedule doing that extra stuff and they aren't going to do it quickly.

I'm sure they'll say they have to do prep work but say you wave it and insist you are very qualified to remove plastic and tabs.

One of the things I remember someone talking about when it came to paint correction (cause manufacturer doesn't always do it right) is to take it before the dealer "cleans" it so they don't mess it up more. A good body shop will fix the imperfections and put on the ceramic coat but it is best to get that vehicle before their people do anything to it. You can insist this is what you are doing and you don't want them to touch it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts