⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle
Here's a link the the eSourceBook -- all 115 pages!

Ready, set, read!

(Sorry it isn't a direct load to the forum's site. I'm working with the Admins but the site won't let me upload a document this large.)

·
Registered
PRO IcedBlueSilver - TowTech, MaxTow, 9.6kwProPower: RECEIVED Aug23rd
374 Posts
I find several fascinations that are left out of most discussions:
-the wonderful safety feature of the vehicle being able to put itself into 'park', even if you forget!
-and the excellent 'zone lighting' options to light up the ground around the vehicle - what a WONDERFUL option when changing a tire is required, at night, on a lonely dark road, when murphy's law will say that it WILL be one of the tires on the downhill DITCH side of the vehicle, in high wet grass, of course.

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
582 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Have read through the list of options in this document, one stands out that I've not seen listed anywhere - "Rain sensing Windshield Wipers". Have I missed it or has it been listed on any of the trims? Maybe included and not listed, or maybe not included on the first year models?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I find several fascinations that are left out of most discussions:
-the wonderful safety feature of the vehicle being able to put itself into 'park', even if you forget!
-and the excellent 'zone lighting' options to light up the ground around the vehicle - what a WONDERFUL option when changing a tire is required, at night, on a lonely dark road, when murphy's law will say that it WILL be one of the tires on the downhill DITCH side of the vehicle, in high wet grass, of course.
I've just started reading through the doc in the last hour, however the one you note about putting itself into Park is something I really like from Tesla. If you pull to a stop, of course using regen will bring you to a stop, then automatically goes to hold, you can unbuckle, open the door and get out. The car will go to Park, and then lock when you walk away (using the phone as key).

I don't care if things like this are copied or if Ford has had them in their back pocket all along, but great features that have made driving a Tesla fun and convenient - very glad to see them over here. This truck is going to have to truly deliver and have some good innovation to keep me from making forever comparisons to Tesla.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Lightning XLT ordered
85 Posts
I've just started reading through the doc in the last hour, however the one you note about putting itself into Park is something I really like from Tesla. If you pull to a stop, of course using regen will bring you to a stop, then automatically goes to hold, you can unbuckle, open the door and get out. The car will go to Park, and then lock when you walk away (using the phone as key).

I don't care if things like this are copied or if Ford has had them in their back pocket all along, but great features that have made driving a Tesla fun and convenient - very glad to see them over here. This truck is going to have to truly deliver and have some good innovation to keep me from making forever comparisons to Tesla.
This is something Ford and Lincoln have had for several years. Just not across the board, as it’s been phased in when models got electronic shifters. I think Lincoln might have debuted it for Ford, when certain models received the push button gear selectors.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for sharing. Have read through the list of options, one stands out that I've not seen listed anywhere - "Rain sensing Windshield Wipers". Have I missed it or has it been listed on any of the trims? Maybe included and not listed, or maybe not included on the first year models?
Good question. My Mustang Mach E has this but I don't see it on the trim list for the Lightning.

I do see an automatic setting on the wiper of the Lariat I saw at the Washington DC Auto Show.

Blue Vehicle Motor vehicle Light Plant

If you look at the order guide, it shows that the rain sensing wipers are on the 312A XLT, 511A Lariat, and the Platinum.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Have read through the list of options, one stands out that I've not seen listed anywhere - "Rain sensing Windshield Wipers". Have I missed it or has it been listed on any of the trims? Maybe included and not listed, or maybe not included on the first year models?
Included in 312A and 511A per the Order Guide.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thanks @ChasingCoral and @Cutler03GT - I haven't been through the order guide. Auto wipers are enough of a bene I thought they would have been called out in the list of items included in those packages.

Reactions: Cutler03GT

·
Registered
85 Posts
One thing I haven’t seen mentino
Thanks @ChasingCoral and @Cutler03GT - I haven't been through the order guide. Auto wipers are enough of a bene I thought they would have been called out in the list of items included in those packages.
I found them in the Availability portion of the eSourcebook too, toward the end.

·
Registered
85 Posts
One thing I haven’t seen much info about in the Order Guide or eSourcebook is Push-button start. They mention it for 312A with the mention of Intelligent Access, but based on interior images of the Pro models, and the Technical Specifications sheet, it appears to be standard across all trims. It’s rare to not have it tied to Intelligent Access, but I’ve seen lower trim Fusions have Push-button start, but not have true Intelligent Access (touch to unlock/lock handles).

So how it works is, you need to unlock the doors via the unlock button on the fob, the FordPass app, or the Securcode keypad, but don’t need to take the key out of your pocket to start the vehicle.

While not as ideal as full blown Intelligent Access or Phone as a Key, I find this great for Pro and and XLT 311A shoppers, like myself. I currently have a 2020 XLT F-150 with keyed ignition and can’t wait to go back to Push-button start again. It used to require a Lariat prior to the 2021 refresh.

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One thing I haven’t seen much info about in the Order Guide or eSourcebook is Push-button start. They mention it for 312A with the mention of Intelligent Access, but based on interior images of the Pro models, and the Technical Specifications sheet, it appears to be standard across all trims. It’s rare to not have it tied to Intelligent Access, but I’ve seen lower trim Fusions have Push-button start, but not have true Intelligent Access (touch to unlock/lock handles).

So how it works is, you need to unlock the doors via the unlock button on the fob, the FordPass app, or the Securcode keypad, but don’t need to take the key out of your pocket to start the vehicle.

While not as ideal as full blown Intelligent Access or Phone as a Key, I find this great for Pro and and XLT 311A shoppers, like myself. I currently have a 2020 XLT F-150 with keyed ignition and can’t wait to go back to Push-button start again. It used to require a Lariat prior to the 2021 refresh.
Intelligent Access with Push-button start is found on 312A XLT and all Lariats and Platinums. See Order Guide.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Intelligent Access with Push-button start is found on 312A XLT and all Lariats and Platinums. See Order Guide.
Right. Like I mentioned, they discuss it for intelligent access, but the Tech Specs sheet, and all the images I’ve seen of the Pro show push-button start on vehicles without Intelligent Access.
Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Number

·
Registered
582 Posts
What do you make of this from page 88. Pro and XLT note "incl. spare". However the Lariat and Platinum specifically note "four" - I would assume for the count included. Spare included for these ?

Azure Rectangle Font Aqua Material property

·
Registered
85 Posts
What do you make of this from page 88. Pro and XLT note "incl. spare". However the Lariat and Platinum specifically note "four" - I would assume for the count included. Spare included for these ?

View attachment 1224
I suspect the spare will be that 18” size and they’re awkwardly trying to communicate that the spare will not be a 20 or 22 inch matching one.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Ready, set, read!

(Sorry it isn't a direct load to the forum's site. I'm working with the Admins but the site won't let me upload a document this large.)
Does ChasingCoral or anybody know of another way to get this document? The link at the top is no longer active. Thanks.

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Reactions: Obi66

·
Registered
795 Posts
View attachment 1297

Ready, set, read!

Some light weekend reading 😆This is an incredible find thanks for sharing this @ChasingCoral!

·
Registered
2018 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 10 speed auto, Roush supercharged
102 Posts

Ready, set, read!

I downloaded and saved the eSourceBook to my home computer. You're right, it's a good-sized document (41 Mb, 115 pages). Regardless, it makes for great reading. I have looked through half of the document so far and learned a number of new, helpful things. As a rookie EV'er, I appreciate all the knowledge I can absorb -- BEFORE I really need it! :)

Thank you. Lou C.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.