Ford Lightning Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year guys and gals!

Excited to be part of this awesome group and looking forward to my first EV! Had a 2003 F-150 in the past but sold in 2011. Been driving Toyota since but ready to be back with Ford if I can get my hands on the Lightning in 2022!

·
Super Moderator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
622 Posts
Happy New Year guys and gals!

Excited to be part of this awesome group and looking forward to my first EV! Had a 2003 F-150 in the past but sold in 2011. Been driving Toyota since but ready to be back with Ford if I can get my hands on the Lightning in 2022!
Welcome. Where are you living in NC?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you! I’m in Raleigh. How about you?
Same here :). -- Which dealership you go with? I made reservation with Crossroads Ford of Wake Forest. They mentioned a +$10k ADM and $699 dealer doc fees... I don't think I'm in line to get a 2022 Lightning anyway (reservation made in late May) - so hoping that's gone by the time we order our 2023 lightning... Wondering if any other dealerships in Raleigh (or elsewhere in NC) are planning not to do more than MSRP?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great! Glad to find you in the same area! 😀

I made mine with Crossroads of Apex. They haven’t said anything about the markup yet but I’m guessing they would be similar to the Wake Forest one. I’m not planning to pay dealer markups so wouldn’t hesitate to transfer to another dealer if possible to avoid ADM. I’ll keep you posted if I hear anything from Apex dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great! Glad to find you in the same area! 😀

I made mine with Crossroads of Apex. They haven’t said anything about the markup yet but I’m guessing they would be similar to the Wake Forest one. I’m not planning to pay dealer markups so wouldn’t hesitate to transfer to another dealer if possible to avoid ADM. I’ll keep you posted if I hear anything from Apex dealership.
I checked with other Raleigh, Durham, and surrounding area dealers - they either said they would also add to MSRP (but wouldn't say how much) or weren't EV certified.

I did the online chat with Parkway Ford in Winston Salem, and they said they will not add to MSRP and are not adding other dealer fees or add-ons... I may transfer my reservation over to them - gives me a reason to go to WS and pick up a fresh 12 pack from Foothills Brewery along with my new F150 Lightning (probably in 2023 or 2024 hahaha). I also put a reservation on a Silverado EV (2024 version, not RST First Edition) since it doesn't feel so great to be the guniea pig on the F150 with the XLT exended range shenanigans Ford pulled here...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked with other Raleigh, Durham, and surrounding area dealers - they either said they would also add to MSRP (but wouldn't say how much) or weren't EV certified.

I did the online chat with Parkway Ford in Winston Salem, and they said they will not add to MSRP and are not adding other dealer fees or add-ons... I may transfer my reservation over to them - gives me a reason to go to WS and pick up a fresh 12 pack from Foothills Brewery along with my new F150 Lightning (probably in 2023 or 2024 hahaha). I also put a reservation on a Silverado EV (2024 version, not RST First Edition) since it doesn't feel so great to be the guniea pig on the F150 with the XLT exended range shenanigans Ford pulled here...
Thats great about WS Ford. 12 pack to celebrate if they don’t charge ADM! I’m really torn on whether to get standard range vs extended. Initially had XLT w extended range in mind…now thinking maybe scaling it back to a Pro.

I did the same bud, have a Silverado EV for Summer 2024 🙄

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thats great about WS Ford. 12 pack to celebrate if they don’t charge ADM! I’m really torn on whether to get standard range vs extended. Initially had XLT w extended range in mind…now thinking maybe scaling it back to a Pro.

I did the same bud, have a Silverado EV for Summer 2024 🙄
I ended up moving my reservation this AM and the dealer called to say they got it and will reach out when the order banks open up accordingly. Almost instantly as I was on the phone with Ford Marketing to do the switch.

Regarding the Pro -- I was thinking the same thing, but not sure I can live with vinyl seats for a 40k car... That stuff will melt and crack in 2 years of Raleigh Summers :| Debating the longer range battery or not on an XLT -- if we're lucky, we get a 2023 F150 model where ford adds features that the Silverado EV has (namely fast charging and more kWh) and doesn't rope us into the 9500 package atop the extended range battery by that time. I think they're just looking to boost 2022 sales as much as possible by pushing folks to the high-end models and configs... I was considering just getting a Tesla since I just want an EV bad - but they no longer qualify for the $7500 EV credit (and NC, as you know, has basically no incentives for EV purchases..)

I really wanted the extra range to make sure I could make it to the beach or the mountains on one charge - don't know if the standard will do that or not...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts