⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always loved the Raptor and wished that Ford and done an EV version of the Raptor. Seeing the new Ranger Raptor, I'm back in the same boat again. Had Ford done it in an EV, would immediately put Rivian out of business. Similar sizing. Similar off road capability, yet from a known manufacturer.

I really loved the Nikola EV Truck concept that will never come to be. Do hope that Ford will offer a Raptor Version of the EV Lightning sooner than later.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,704 Posts
Expect a BEV Ranger in a few years once Blue Oval City is up and running.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I thought I remember them last year stating that a lot of the platforms are going EV. Explorer should be the next one imo. I believe Lincoln is lining up next as well. I almost wish they did the Explorer first. But I think the problem there is pricing, convincing people to pay that much on an SUV that isn't BMW/Benz level interior quality is a bit much.

I also question the amount of suspension that goes into the raptor brand fitting in with a battery under there. I think the Rivian's success has to do with a motor per wheel but does it actually articulate as well as a Raptor? One of the channels, edmunds maybe, did a comparison on 2-3 different terrains with the standard F150 with the FX4 package, the Tremor and the Raptor. I've only caught a few of the Rivian but I don't think it doesn't articulate as much as the raptor. I watched that hells gate one, which was very impressive but then I watched someone do that same climb in an older F-250.

I always assumed Ford wasn't directly competing with Rivian because Ford either was shared some tech from them or shared some tech with them and of course the huge investment they have still (I'm assuming) in Rivian.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I remember them last year stating that a lot of the platforms are going EV. Explorer should be the next one imo. I believe Lincoln is lining up next as well. I almost wish they did the Explorer first. But I think the problem there is pricing, convincing people to pay that much on an SUV that isn't BMW/Benz level interior quality is a bit much.

I also question the amount of suspension that goes into the raptor brand fitting in with a battery under there. I think the Rivian's success has to do with a motor per wheel but does it actually articulate as well as a Raptor? One of the channels, edmunds maybe, did a comparison on 2-3 different terrains with the standard F150 with the FX4 package, the Tremor and the Raptor. I've only caught a few of the Rivian but I don't think it doesn't articulate as much as the raptor. I watched that hells gate one, which was very impressive but then I watched someone do that same climb in an older F-250.

I always assumed Ford wasn't directly competing with Ford because Ford either was shared some tech from them or shared some tech with them and of course the huge investment they have still (I'm assuming) in Rivian.
I've always been a fan of the Explorer. IMO, the best looking SUV on the market for many years and a perfect size. Not too big, not too small. I would have preferred the first EV be the Explorer over the so called "mustang" or F-150. But, Ford wanted the popularity of the name for the first one and overall popularity of the F-150 in general for the second one. If when and Explorer comes out, assuming they still look as good as they do, and have for the past 10+ years, almost certain I would buy one.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,704 Posts
I've always been a fan of the Explorer. IMO, the best looking SUV on the market for many years and a perfect size. Not too big, not too small. I would have preferred the first EV be the Explorer over the so called "mustang" or F-150. But, Ford wanted the popularity of the name for the first one and overall popularity of the F-150 in general for the second one. If when and Explorer comes out, assuming they still look as good as they do, and have for the past 10+ years, almost certain I would buy one.
Have you seen the leaked news that the next Ford BEV will be an Aviator or Aviator-like vehicle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts