Update from Blue Oval Forums:
2022MY F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro Distribution Delay - UPDATED
Reason for Supersede:
- Including customer satisfaction actions to support the Ford Charge Station Pro Distribution Delay.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ACTIONS
For customers who purchase an Extended Range Battery F-150 Lightning TM and take delivery through June 30, 2022, Ford Motor Company will take the following actions:
1. Add an additional complimentary 250 kWh of DC fast-charging with Electrify America (EA) leveraging the BlueOval TM Charge Network (BOCN) via the FordPass TM App bringing the vehicle total to complimentary 500 kWh (equivalent to 3-4 fill-ups).
a. No customer action is needed as this update will be reflected in the customer’s FordPass® account after the customer enrolls in the BlueOval TM Charge Network.
2. $500 Mastercard debit card is intended to help offset home charging installation expenses.
a. Debit cards will be mailed to affected customers after the vehicle is reported-sold.
b. Customers can expect the debit card to arrive 3-4 weeks after reported-sold.
Delivery must be from Dealer stock by June 30, 2022 to receive the above benefits. Customers will be notified through a unique Ford CRM Email.
- To support F-150 Lightning Launch, ensure your teams are aware of a delay in the distribution of the Ford Charge Station Pro
Ford Motor Company had previously announced the 2022 F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP) distribution plan through Sunrun, Ford Motor Company’s distributor & recommended installer. The availability of the Ford Charge Station Pro has experienced a short delay which is detailed below.
DELAY IN DISTRIBUTION OF THE FORD CHARGE STATION PRO
The Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP) may not be available at the time of delivery for some extended-range F-150 Lightning customers. Ford expects FCSPs to be shipped no later than June 30th.
Customers should be reminded of the alternative ways to charge their F-150 Lightnings:
1. The Ford Mobile Power Cord with a 120-volt and 240-volt plug to allow for charging at home.
a. Note: the 120-volt is considered a “trickle” charge which provides a charge rate of 2 miles/hour. The 240-volt requires a 240-volt NEMA 14-50 outlet,bringing the charge rate to 15 miles/hour, and can be installed by a licensed electrician. See attached Home Installation Tips for the Ford Mobile Power Cord.
2. Complimentary 2-year access to the BlueOval Charge Network. Access to the BlueOval Charge Network allows access to a network of charging partners with the FordPass app.
a. Charging partners are: Electrify America, EVConnect, EVGO, Flo, Chargepoint, and SemaCharge.
3. 250 kWh of free charging at Electrify America DC Fast Chargers via your FordPass app.
DISTRBUTION OF 80-AMP FORD CHARGE STATION PRO (FCSP) AFTER VEHICLE DELIVERY
For customers who take delivery of their extended-range F-150 Lightning without their FCSP:
- Memo Program #14094 ($0) will be automatically claimed in SmartVincent for ALL F-150 Lightning Extended Range models, which will enable Ford to share customer data with Sunrun
- An updated Customer Acknowledgement Form will be required to authorize Sunrun to verify shipping address (see attached)
- Sunrun will contact customers to verify shipping address for FCSP & discuss optional installation services once their FCSP becomes available.
- If Sunrun is unable to connect within 5 business days after the FCSP becomes available, Sunrun will ship the FCSP to vehicle sold-to address as reported by the Dealer.
- Customers may contact Sunrun at 855-341-0237 to confirm and/or update shipping address if different than sold-to address.