⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Ford Pass app control of FCSP issues

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  donnelb1 
#1 ·
I have the FSCP installed. As soon as it connected to the internet I received an
e-mail from Ford congratulating me and telling me I could now control who could use my FCSP through the Ford Pass app.
The app connects to the FCSP (most of the time) but when I go to Station Sharing it says I have to turn on Access Control in settings. I can find no place in the app where I can turn on Access Control. I’ve spent way too much time on the phone with Ford and they have no answers. The previous version of the app has a toggle to turn it on or off but not the intelligent backup power version. I mounted the charger outside thinking I could control who had access to it, as it stands now anybody can use the FSCP.
Anybody else run into this?

#3 ·
After several hours of calls and live chats, I have achieved something called an "escalation," which apparently means somebody from "IT" will look into what's going on and I'll get a call back in 3-5 days.

For what it's worth, the email says explicitly:
Access Control: Control who can access your charge station with a tap right from the FordPass App
and
Share Station: Easily share your charge station with trusted friends and family
But the setting is just NOT THERE in the app.

#7 · (Edited)
My Company Purchased these chargers with the understanding we could control access as Ford Advertised for some lightning and Ford electric transit vans. We've spent dozens of hours on the phone with Ford endlessly being shuffled between departments without luck as no one there knows who can help. The charging people say the app support team, the app support people say the charging team, etc. Glad to head we are not the only one with this issue. The documentation and advertising material clearly says the app should allow us to enable Access Control but the options are missing from the app.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.