⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,447 Posts
Ford closed reservation systems for a few of the most in-demand vehicles because they have more reservations than they can fill in the near future. In the case of the Lightning, they have about 200,000 reservations — more than 2022 and 2023 production combined.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ford closed reservation systems for a few of the most in-demand vehicles because they have more reservations than they can fill in the near future. In the case of the Lightning, they have about 200,000 reservations — more than 2022 and 2023 production combined.
Can the new 2024 and 2025 be more cheaper ford lightning?

·
Registered
2012 F250-PSD, 2006 Harley VROD Destroyer
417 Posts
Can the new 2024 and 2025 be more cheaper ford lightning?
That is unknown, many thing could change in the industry of EV's to lower costs (new cell technology, etc), barring that most likely it will cost more due to inflation.

·
Registered
Lightning XLT- Wave 2-Build 5/30
26 Posts
SK Innovation Co Ltd is only going to be able to sell F-150 Lightning battery packs to Ford for the next 4 years (MY22 - MY25 Lightnings) in the US.

Then SK Innovation are then banned from selling any more batteries in the US for 6 more years (2032).

Because they lost a US Trade case against LG Chem Ltd for stealing their trade secrets.

Ford is going to need to find another battery supplier and/or start making their own batteries for the MY26+ F-150 Lightning.

• Wow
Reactions: taxmanhog

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SK Innovation Co Ltd is only going to be able to sell F-150 Lightning battery packs to Ford for the next 4 years (MY22 - MY25 Lightnings) in the US.

Then SK Innovation are then banned from selling any more batteries in the US for 6 more years (2032).

Because they lost a US Trade case against LG Chem Ltd for stealing their trade secrets.

Ford is going to need to find another battery supplier and/or start making their own batteries for the MY26+ F-150 Lightning.
D

Is the 2025 Ford lightning going to have more intelligent power back up system again?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
What happened to the 3rd wave order?supposed to be last Friday according to the ford info line but nothing still? And what is this issue with the pro model availability? My order will only be for the pro, pricing for the xlt just doesn’t justify the additional cost to secure one!

·
Registered
417 Posts
What happened to the 3rd wave order?supposed to be last Friday according to the ford info line but nothing still? And what is this issue with the pro model availability? My order will only be for the pro, pricing for the xlt just doesn’t justify the additional cost to secure one!
Wave 3 opened at about 1:35 PM Eastern on February 3 (Thursday)
Log onto your Ford account look at your reservation, if you were selected in wave 3 then you will see something similar to this screen.

Green Rectangle Font Screenshot Brand

·
Registered
417 Posts
Also note the Ford account web site is acting funky this morning, it took a few minutes for my account and order data to load, they may be doing system maintenance.

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
582 Posts
Wave 3 went out as expected, actually quite a few reports of invites and orders.

Reactions: ChasingCoral

·
Registered
4 Posts

You've linked to an older story. They've since reached a settlement allowing to move forward.
SK Innovation & LG Energy Solution settle US legal battle - electrive.com

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,447 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.