⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Sky Vehicle Wheel Plant

Ford is looking for any space it can to store the F-150 Lightning after production.

Following the start of production on April 26, Lightnings re starting to pile up the company test track in Dearborn, Michigan

Numerous Lightnings have been seen coming from the direction of Ford’s Rouge Electric Vehicle Center, and entering a side entrance at Ford’s Dearborn test track. The numbers have been growing steadily during the first week of may. This may be due to supply chain issues and semiconductor shortages.

A similar scene happened last year, when a mass of F-150s were stored the track once Ford began production of the refreshed 2021 F-150. Currently, numerous lots in Dearborn are overflowing with Ford Broncos, as they await parts to finalize their build. The supply chain issues continue to plague Ford’s assembly operations, and are affecting some of their most high-profile, and sought-after products. Ford’s electrified F-150 is just the latest victim.

Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Plant
Sky Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Wheel

Building Sky Motor vehicle Window Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
218 Posts
This adds a lot to the cost to build a truck. Extra labor in moving it around. Lots of extra labor trying to do assembly outside the assembly line. Cost of the whole truck sitting there not being paid by customer. Think about it every 15 trucks sitting there is one million dollars tied up. What's the cost of capital on 1 million x all those trucks
Bad for everyone.

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is in that mess somewhere according to My Ford Pass ap. Still shows "in production" so I assume it's missing something.
I am writing a story for the Detroit Free Press on the Lightning v. Silverado EV and looking to speak to early buyers of the Lightning. Would you talk to me? If so, please email me: [email protected].

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,449 Posts
Our Lightnings still seem to be awaiting some final tweak before heading out for delivery.

The dealers can see more details using Vehicle Visibility:
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Product Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

This shows a final production verified as yesterday. While blend date was 5/17, 5/18 included updating modules.

The real question is that ETA Disposition value: "ETA Pending Final Launch Readiness Sign OFF Expected Spring 2022". What is the holdup? Guesses on the forum suggests a chip problem but that should be designated as a chip or parts hold. I've also heard an inside rumor of front end alignment issues. The more likely inside story is that while they all have been fully populated with their software, there may be a software revision they want to make. Whatever it is, some sort of update is needed on the trucks before Ford is willing to ship them out.

Reactions: taxmanhog

·
Registered
503 Posts
Our Lightnings still seem to be awaiting some final tweak before heading out for delivery.

The dealers can see more details using Vehicle Visibility:
View attachment 2415

View attachment 2416

This shows a final production verified as yesterday. While blend date was 5/17, 5/18 included updating modules.

The real question is that ETA Disposition value: "ETA Pending Final Launch Readiness Sign OFF Expected Spring 2022". What is the holdup? Guesses on the forum suggests a chip problem but that should be designated as a chip or parts hold. I've also heard an inside rumor of front end alignment issues. The more likely inside story is that while they all have been fully populated with their software, there may be a software revision they want to make. Whatever it is, some sort of update is needed on the trucks before Ford is willing to ship them out.
So then, the next question, is what have they actually shipped? Maybe mannequins only?

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,449 Posts
So then, the next question, is what have they actually shipped? Maybe mannequins only?
The two most likely options are FCTP only or they have started to apply the final “fix” and included some customer units.

I'm beginning to think that none of them actually shipped...
Highly unlikely.

Reactions: bobrosco

·
Registered
117 Posts
Highly unlikely.
3 days encompasses most of the destinations that a convoy delivery would cover. Im not saying the video was staged but it's weird that there have been zero photos or videos of the trucks being delivered, especially since Ford made such a big deal of them being loaded onto a truck on Monday. Not to mention that they strongly implied that deliveries were imminent at the launch launch for the launch event in April.

·
Registered
503 Posts
3 days encompasses most of the destinations that a convoy delivery would cover. Im not saying the video was staged but it's weird that there have been zero photos or videos of the trucks being delivered, especially since Ford made such a big deal of them being loaded onto a truck on Monday. Not to mention that they strongly implied that deliveries were imminent at the launch launch for the launch event in April.
Sometime else posted a mannequin delivery.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts