Lightning Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford announced tour events focused on fleet and commercial customers. The Ford EV Tour (Ford® - EV Tour) will provide in-depth presentations of the F-150 Lightning and the E-Transit.

OVERVIEW
Please join us for an exclusive, in-depth exploration and ride experience with the newest Ford electrified commercial vehicles!
Nearly every industry is facing a time of change when it comes to electrification. At Ford, we want to help you make that transition and transform your business with electric vehicles and solutions that help increase productivity and profitability.
This multi-city tour will provide you with an opportunity to take a deep-dive into the All-New 2022MY F-150 Lightning Pro and 2022MY E-Transit and see how they can transform the way you do business. You will also spend time learning how these vehicles are designed to help businesses reduce operating costs and maximize uptime.

Events are being held across the country from August through October.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was able to attend the Phoenix event yesterday. There was quite a bit of information covered. The E-Transit comes standard with SYNC 4 and the instrument cluster is very basic but for fleet use it should be fine. Ford is developing a very powerful app to assist the fleet manager/business owner with their vehicles. They said it will work with our newer ICE trucks as well as the BEV models. First 3 years is free but I suppose we pay for it after that point. E-Transit doesn't have 1PD....at least not that I could find. I didn't see it on the base Pro model either. They said the only way to get the extended range Pro model is with a FIN order (Fleet Identification Number).

You guys will be pleased to hear the charge door stays closed and isn't easily opened. (The boys on the Mach-E forum have been complaining about the charge door on their cars...)

The trunk on the Lightning is very impressive. The radiator is huge and laid back at a very steep angle 30-40 degrees looks like. Very clever idea actually.

I was very pleased to hear these will come with real key fobs and we don't have to suffer with PaaK. The van is identical to the ICE version except for more space around the doghouse. The truck is identical to the ICE version but with that trunk it becomes a game changer. The one thing that surprised me is the GVWR which seems kinda low for what I saw but I bet Ford is doing that because they want to stay below the 10,000 lb limit for fleet purposes and not to challenge the SD lineup. My only compliant with the Lightning is that it is too big. I would prefer a slightly smaller cab and slightly larger bed. The trunk is perfect.

From a fleet perspective......our guys can lock their tools and supplies in the trunk and let them charge overnight. Then when they arrive for work the truck will be running, with the cab preconditioned to a comfortable temperature and their routes preloaded into the navigation (since we can push the routes from the managers desk in the office before their shift). So, the workers can hit the road right away and get to the jobsite quicker. Both because they can use the HOV lane and they don't need to stop for fuel.

The feature that surprised me the most was the back seat driver built into SYNC. The SYNC voice lady will nag the driver if they are being wasteful. Best part is they can't turn her off. Only the Fleet Managers have that ability. :)
Lots of other cool features. Ford is going to sell these as fast as they can build them. I doubt ANY will sit on dealer lots very long.

I am sure everyone here has seen plenty of pics, here are some other angles that might not be as familiar.

Attachments

·
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was able to attend the Phoenix event yesterday. There was quite a bit of information covered. The E-Transit comes standard with SYNC 4 and the instrument cluster is very basic but for fleet use it should be fine. Ford is developing a very powerful app to assist the fleet manager/business owner with their vehicles. They said it will work with our newer ICE trucks as well as the BEV models. First 3 years is free but I suppose we pay for it after that point. E-Transit doesn't have 1PD....at least not that I could find. I didn't see it on the base Pro model either. They said the only way to get the extended range Pro model is with a FIN order (Fleet Identification Number).

You guys will be pleased to hear the charge door stays closed and isn't easily opened. (The boys on the Mach-E forum have been complaining about the charge door on their cars...)

The trunk on the Lightning is very impressive. The radiator is huge and laid back at a very steep angle 30-40 degrees looks like. Very clever idea actually.

I was very pleased to hear these will come with real key fobs and we don't have to suffer with PaaK. The van is identical to the ICE version except for more space around the doghouse. The truck is identical to the ICE version but with that trunk it becomes a game changer. The one thing that surprised me is the GVWR which seems kinda low for what I saw but I bet Ford is doing that because they want to stay below the 10,000 lb limit for fleet purposes and not to challenge the SD lineup. My only compliant with the Lightning is that it is too big. I would prefer a slightly smaller cab and slightly larger bed. The trunk is perfect.

From a fleet perspective......our guys can lock their tools and supplies in the trunk and let them charge overnight. Then when they arrive for work the truck will be running, with the cab preconditioned to a comfortable temperature and their routes preloaded into the navigation (since we can push the routes from the managers desk in the office before their shift). So, the workers can hit the road right away and get to the jobsite quicker. Both because they can use the HOV lane and they don't need to stop for fuel.

The feature that surprised me the most was the back seat driver built into SYNC. The SYNC voice lady will nag the driver if they are being wasteful. Best part is they can't turn her off. Only the Fleet Managers have that ability. :)
Lots of other cool features. Ford is going to sell these as fast as they can build them. I doubt ANY will sit on dealer lots very long.

I am sure everyone here has seen plenty of pics, here are some other angles that might not be as familiar.
Thanks for that write-up. Let's keep hearing from folks who attend these.

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As we don't have many other photos from the events here yet, here are more from @SnBGC

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach-e, 2020 Ford F-150 Raptor, Fully Restored 2000 Jeep Wrangler off road
5 Posts
The SYNC voice lady will nag the driver if they are being wasteful. Best part is they can't turn her off. Only the Fleet Managers have that ability. :)
In modern airliners, we have a name for the Lady that complains about what we're doing. "Bitchin Betty." On the MD-11 it was actually the voice of a young (at the time) employee who beat out the professional voices to become the infamous "Bitchin Betty" on that airplane.

I do not miss her. ;)

Thanks for the write-up @SnBGC

·
Registered
2 Posts
My only compliant with the Lightning is that it is too big. I would prefer a slightly smaller cab and slightly larger bed. The trunk is perfect.
Isn't the Lightning the same size as a traditional F150 SuperCrew? I like that it's a short bed, but hopefully some other options will open up in the future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Isn't the Lightning the same size as a traditional F150 SuperCrew? I like that it's a short bed, but hopefully some other options will open up in the future.
Yes. Exact same size. Which I feel is too big for fleet use. We would like a larger bed and smaller cab.
For personal use.....I still think the cab is too big. Both of my Super Duty trucks are crew cab and that works because I put a bunch of crap in the back seat. But the Lightning has a trunk so now I can store my stuff in there and now the cab can be resized.

I get why it's the same size as the existing truck because that is the best fastest way to get the Lightening into production. Ford selected the SuperCrew SB since it's their best selling model. I am really torn between the Lightning and Rivian because I feel like I would prefer a smaller exterior form factor compared to the full size F150. The interior of the Rivian feels perfect to me. The interior of the F150 is huge. I think Ford will continue to refine the dimensions as new models are introduced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think Ford will continue to refine the dimensions as new models are introduced.
They'll likely have a 2-door and SuperCab within a few years now that they know there's a huge market for these. I'm not a pickup guy usually and was looking at Expeditions and Explorers when I saw this come out. Love to see either of those with EV options. If there's anyone that can ramp up EV models and production, it's Ford. I'd imagine the next 3 to 5 years is going to change the vehicle landscape dramatically. Before the Lightning EVs weren't even on my radar.

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Experience the BRAND NEW 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning for ONE DAY ONLY at Irvine Spectrum, 670 Spectrum Center Dr., Irvine, CA 92618 all day Friday, September 10th!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts