⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We called the local Lansing Ford dealer about our reservation on the F 150 Lightning. We made an early reservation back when 100000 was the limit. Of course they added 100000 reservations. The dealer said production was moved,back bygone year which I assumed is 2023 and orders will be filled by lottery. So we have no guarantee of getting the truck in 2023. What good is waiting maybe two years for a truck? I feel Ford should have left it at 100000. Disappointing as we need a vehicle this year.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hmmm that’s not an early order buddy…I put in my order within minutes of the release and I am getting one this year…Ford is only making a limited number of Lightnings….

FYI- 100k was reached by June 9th…

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,398 Posts
We called the local Lansing Ford dealer about our reservation on the F 150 Lightning. We made an early reservation back when 100000 was the limit. Of course they added 100000 reservations. The dealer said production was moved,back bygone year which I assumed is 2023 and orders will be filled by lottery. So we have no guarantee of getting the truck in 2023. What good is waiting maybe two years for a truck? I feel Ford should have left it at 100000. Disappointing as we need a vehicle this year.
Lottery? Your dealer is feeding you a bunch of Bronco excrement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It will be interesting to see what those who won't be able to order until 2024 do if they really intend to produce the Gen 2 in 2025 on the TE1 platform. It is speculated that "Theoretically, as things stand, there are prospective buyers, who, today hold reservations for the F-150 Lightning, but what they get delivered would be the 2025 model built on the TE1 platform! ...The BEV-exclusive TE1 platform should be superior in every aspect compared to the present F-150 Lightning riding on the gasoline model’s modified chassis".

·
Registered
232 Posts
It will be interesting to see what those who won't be able to order until 2024 do if they really intend to produce the Gen 2 in 2025 on the TE1 platform. It is speculated that "Theoretically, as things stand, there are prospective buyers, who, today hold reservations for the F-150 Lightning, but what they get delivered would be the 2025 model built on the TE1 platform! ...The BEV-exclusive TE1 platform should be superior in every aspect compared to the present F-150 Lightning riding on the gasoline model’s modified chassis".
All speculation right now…given the demand and where we are, it could very well be delayed for a few more years. I am sure current Lightning owners looking to upgrade will get first place in line as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.