⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

FORD ACCELERATING TRANSFORMATION: FORMING DISTINCT AUTO UNITS TO SCALE EVS, STRENGTHEN OPERATIONS, UNLOCK VALUE

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  2023 lighting 
I was just thinking of asking the question: what could be done about the embedded tick that is the dealership? But I wonder if this is it. What if this is some loop hole they can get around. Other companies, not just Tesla, have experimented with this bypass the dealership. Though I've never bought one, from what I remember about Genesis is that they deliver it straight to you. Not sure if that is still a thing.

But what if the Model e side of things does sell direct? And Ford Blue then sticks with the dealership model (which I know, sorry Raptor owners, doesn't help you).

I know in my state the liquor store put in laws that prohibited home delivery of alcohol - and they use children as the scapegoat. But that changed, almost a decade now I think.
I'm on board with you here, but you need to be in the ear of the people that represent you at state government levels because I can assure you that the owners of said dealerships shell out MILLIONS of dollars every year to keep them as the only ones that screw you as hard as they do.

There is uber wealth in car sales and dealerships. While I'm well aware of the mess already here in TX, there are law makers in Oklahoma that are trying to make it so you can't even get a car serviced that isn't through a dealership. As well the dealerships are fighting that even the manufacture - say Ford in our case, can not send you a SW update to fix or improve your vehicle without going through the dealer.

Do not think this isn't a big fight and if you aren't already reaching out to your lawmakers you need to now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.