⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Flat tire. Fun

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Perry461 
#1 ·
That was fun. Fortunately the tire pressure warning came on immediately and gave me time to get off the highway. As this is my first F-150 had to pull out the owners manual. No issues and thankfully we have a full size spare.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

See less See more
#4 ·
I've noticed that while we all say 'full sized spare', and, well, it is... it's NOT the same tire that the others are, not the same BRAND, and has noticeably MUCH LESS tread.... but, after all, it's a spare... so, it's just for 'those' moments when one is needed... and NICE to have, when the need calls : )

#5 ·
Right. It is full-sized but definitely not on the same rim either.

Having driven on mine while pulling a trailer, it rides just fine.

#6 ·
Knocking on wood, I have been driving since 1984 and have never had a flat with any of my four wheeled vehicles. Or ran out of gas/power and got stranded. Having said that, my motorcycles have been a different story. First bike, no gas gauge and I learned the hard way on CA-12 right outside of Napa. Another time I was headed south on I-80 outside of Sacramento, and got behind a construction truck that lost a box of nails. There was nothing I could do. Kept her upright, thanks to the safety course the Air Force required me to take. I do not recommend being in those situations.

Just thought I would share due to the subject, sometimes the retired life makes you want to relive experiences and tell others. Be safe out there.