Ford Lightning Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we鈥檝e seen the comparisons what does everybody think? Lightning or Silverado (Avalanche馃槀), what鈥檚 your choice?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I鈥檝e owned a F150 for the past 15 years so sticking with Ford.
I might make the cut and be able to order tomorrow. If that happens I will go Ford and see how all shakes out in a few years.

Super Moderator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
I always thought the Avalanche was an ugly truck. This renamed BEV version doesn鈥檛 come out until 2024.

Registered
I am interested in the Pro version of the F150 and might order one next week knowing that it will be ready by the end of 2023. 400 miles for $40k can get my money if I could order one.

Registered
I have a reservation in for both. Like a lot of the additional features on the Chevy. But it does look like the Avalanche. Loved the tech with the large screens, through the cab storage and step up tailgate design. Also more onboard power and range than the Ford. Ford disappointed with the forced extended range battery upgrades and high pricing.

Registered
I always thought the Avalanche was an ugly truck. This renamed BEV version doesn鈥檛 come out until 2024.
The Avalanche was styling challenged for sure. However I bought the original in 02, kept it twelve years, and still regret selling it. Hands down the most useful vehicle I have ever owned. I have little need for an open truck bed (like most truck owners :LOL:) and made frequent use of the Av versatility. Needless to say I'm thrilled with the prospect of an electric one. If my Lightning reservation actually results in a timely order it will likely just be a placeholder for the Chevy.

Registered
I currently own a 2015 Silverado. But I was UNDERwhelmed with the Avalanche like design and the functionality (and longer time to delivery). I am liking the Lightning features much better than the EV Silverado. The 2015 Silverado will become the wife's vehicle after I get a Lightning.

Registered
Lightning for me if I get it by summer of this year.
Our of all the EV trucks coming out, the Silverado is at the bottom and it is primiary cause of the front face refresh for this gen and I don't like that avalanche look on any vehicle.
Ford/Rivian/Hummer/Ram/CT/...other trucks.../Silverado

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Our of all the EV trucks coming out, the Silverado is at the bottom and it is primiary cause of the front face refresh for this gen and I don't like that avalanche look on any vehicle.
Ford/Rivian/Hummer/Ram/CT/...other trucks.../Silverado
The Evalanche styling doesn鈥檛 really do it for me either. I like the bed鈥檚 flexibility.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts