⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just made its way onto the internet. This shows the Pro with the Standard Range battery pack has a 230 mile range (as expected) and a combined 68 MPGe. While 68 MPGs is low for BEVs it beats the heck out of 15-19 MPG for ICE F-150s!

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
406 Posts
320 miles of range on the Extended Range model is great but I wonder if Ford will be pushing for 400 sometime soon. It's what the Silverado EV gets and that alone might take some potential F-150 Lighting buyers away.

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
496 Posts
320 miles of range on the Extended Range model is great but I wonder if Ford will be pushing for 400 sometime soon. It's what the Silverado EV gets and that alone might take some potential F-150 Lighting buyers away.
My bet is maybe look for it in the redesign in a few years. These trucks are so constrained and the engineering has been spent. I also believe they will have to move to a different battery design / technology to get another 1/3 bigger battery to add that 100 miles. That could happen at any time, but it would have to fit into the same form factor that the battery is today.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The charge time....The actual charge time depends on many factors... battery temp, outside temp, amp supplied by evse. If I use a 20amp 240v evse the truck will not be full from empty in 9.3 hours.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I thought the 400 miles was Chevy's estimate, not the EPA estimate the FORD uses..

·
Registered
656 Posts
It's what the Silverado EV gets and that alone might take some potential F-150 Lighting buyers away.
You make is sound like the Silverado exists and has been tested.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More range = bigger battery = higher cost

1 - 11 of 11 Posts