⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Got some interesting news from my Ford dealer here in Sioux Falls, SD this morning. They are a top F150 dealer in the country with units sold. However, since South Dakota is a state with few/no green/EV initiatives, Ford has limited their Lightning allocation to 4 (FOUR) whole units. If you live in a state that promotes EV, the allocation from Ford is more. Needless to say, I will not be getting the call to order anytime soon. Coal rollers, loud exhaust, no exhaust is rampant here, so...

Forehead Chin Facial expression Muscle Chef

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most dealers in Minnesota have fought, kicking and screaming, against regulations that would set goals for EV sales, carbon emissions from the transportation sector, etc. MN has put into motion the “Clean Cars” standards but I think they won’t take effect for another two years, so in the meantime we’re screwed.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey all. Got some interesting news from my Ford dealer here in Sioux Falls, SD this morning. They are a top F150 dealer in the country with units sold. However, since South Dakota is a state with few/no green/EV initiatives, Ford has limited their Lightning allocation to 4 (FOUR) whole units. If you live in a state that promotes EV, the allocation from Ford is more. Needless to say, I will not be getting the call to order anytime soon. Coal rollers, loud exhaust, no exhaust is rampant here, so...

View attachment 1074
I'm also in Sioux Falls. I heard they are getting 5.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Two different dealers I talked with in northern Minnesota are getting just one for the entire model year. A friend lives in Ellensburg, Washington—a clean cars state—and the dealership there is getting just one for the MY as well. My brother lives in Apple Valley, CA and the dealership there is getting 12 for the MY. The salesman I talked with was astonished at MN dealerships getting just one—he insisted that must just be in the first wave. 😂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts