⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched Ford pass and this forum and for the life of me have yet to get the free charge credit while charging. I have 450 miles already on the truck and plan a 10-hour drive next week for work. Would love to use some of this credit. Is ANyone else getting this to work and would like to share?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
PRO IcedBlueSilver - TowTech, MaxTow, 9.6kwProPower: RECEIVED Aug23rd
475 Posts
I plugged into Electrify America in Kennesaw, GA on Sep 10th at 3:35 for a 30% charge up... PlugNCharge worked for me.

Not sure if I remember using the Ford Pass App to activate it, but the app does say to 'Plug In', then 'choose your charger', from the list of chargers showing available at that location. This was a row of 10 units, each with two cables, but only ONE unit was working, the 350kwh unit, and only one SIDE... fortunately that one DID charge.
I got no notification from Electrify America, but the charge DOES show in my FOrd PaSs app... it doesn't show any type of 'balance' of kwh left, but it also did NOT charge my card for anything.

· Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the advice. I only went to the same location, as they have 150 KW chargers. I open the Ford pass app, and this location does not show up on the charger locations. When I plug in, it talks to the truck, and I only get two options, guest or member I do have a member account so pay the .31 rate. I was thinking it was automatic that when you plug in it goes to the Ford app.

I'll try another location this week before my travels, not many here in the Baltimore area. Thanks

· Registered
PRO IcedBlueSilver - TowTech, MaxTow, 9.6kwProPower: RECEIVED Aug23rd
475 Posts
yes, the Ford engineers and software designers need to make sure that they are integrating UPDATES FOR NEW LOCATIONS at all times - arriving and finding NOTHING on the Ford app to allow the app to activate is just lazy.
I saw this on a new chargepoint charger that has been installed for a short while. It did not show at all in the Ford app. I wouldn't have even know about it without using the Chargepoint app directly.

· Registered
905 Posts
You didn't mention if you've enabled here:

FordPass>Vehicle>Charging>Blue Oval Charge Network>Plug & Charge

· Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You didn't mention if you've enabled here:

FordPass>Vehicle>Charging>Blue Oval Charge Network>Plug & Charge
Yes did so as well. Interesting went to a Walmart close by that had EA chargers and went to start a session and they gave free charging at 50 KW, there were 6 cars all there getting charged, KIA, Tesla, VW, free so I got $7 worth.

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,772 Posts
EA has been installing new chargers and as a result has been offering free charging in many locations until the site is set up properly. Enjoy the free charging. The 250 kWh that came with your purchase are good for 2 years, so you have plenty of time to use them.

• Helpful
Reactions: StanT

· Registered
115 Posts
I have been going into the FordPass app and “Chargers” and then press the “GPS’ icon to locate you…it will then pick charger you are at. Just look for the one you are parked at =, select that from the choices and then press ”Activate”.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts