⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this interesting today. When I was building the truck with my buddy in the fleet department, it showed deployable running boards as an option with late available for only a couple hundred dollars😳. It doesn't show them on the Ford site. I sure would like to get them, especially at that price!

Anyone have any other Intel?
Blue Wood Road surface Mesh Flooring

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
412 Posts
For $255 I and likely most would add them for that price. Not knowing anything about that late availability is killer - for 2 months I'd do it, for a 2023 I wouldn't. I guess all we can do is hold out hope and watch before we all get to production.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know right. Too good to pass up at that price. I know AMP, the company who makes them is extremely behind in production. You can't speck them on a current gas f series right now either

·
Registered
412 Posts
@dcfdgaloot, we're you specing a standard range Lariat? I see the check mark in the box next to the storage. That is included in the Extended range package, but on the true order page it may still just show up as a checked option, or did you add it to Standard Range?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@dcfdgaloot, we're you specing a standard range Lariat? I see the check mark in the box next to the storage. That is included in the Extended range package, but on the true order page it may still just show up as a checked option, or did you add it to Standard Range?
No, an extended range. He did it over the phone in his system. He's a fleet guy. Not sure the differences they or any sales guy for that matter see, that we don't on the Ford site. I'll post the all the pages from the order form in a bit

·
Registered
412 Posts
No, an extended range. He did it over the phone in his system. He's a fleet guy. Not sure the differences they or any sales guy for that matter see, that we don't on the Ford site. I'll post the all the pages from the order form in a bit
Thanks - not a problem, I just know that storage option is in the 511A package, but on the detailed order guide it looks like each option stands on its own line.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've been thinking about these and while I don't want a delay, I would think getting the running boards tucked up under the truck would have to help with highway mileage vs standard boards creating drag perhaps.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Has anyone else tried adding the deployable running boards? I have a build week of 5/23 and day of 5/27. I talked to my dealer to ask him again. They still show Late Availability, however when he added them to my order, he said it didn't change the dates. I did not let him submit it like that though. I'm still afraid they might pull me from scheduling, which I don't want.

Anyone else added them and have info on a build date or delay because of them?

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,406 Posts
Has anyone else tried adding the deployable running boards? I have a build week of 5/23 and day of 5/27. I talked to my dealer to ask him again. They still show Late Availability, however when he added them to my order, he said it didn't change the dates. I did not let him submit it like that though. I'm still afraid they might pull me from scheduling, which I don't want.

Anyone else added them and have info on a build date or delay because of them?
At this point they are not available. If you want a 2022, I wouldn't risk messing up the order over them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The AMP deployable running boards are very nice and work well- deploy automatically when a door is opened on that side and close up when the door is closed. Dealer installed at time of purchase on our Jeep Gladiator, wish they had been for that low price!

·
Registered
412 Posts
The AMP deployable running boards are very nice and work well- deploy automatically when a door is opened on that side and close up when the door is closed. Dealer installed at time of purchase on our Jeep Gladiator, wish they had been for that low price!
That great low price, upgrade from standard, is that has me asking and pushing this just a little. I don't want to screw up my order and build date, but I must ask and investigate. Just kind of blows me away that since we ordered in January and now closer to build in April and May they don't have their build issues worked out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts