⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just received an agreement for my Pro to sign. It is showing current MSRP of $51,974 even though I have a build showing MSRP of 46,974. On My Ford account it still shows the lower MSRP and "order accepted by dealer". I haven't contacted the dealer yet but I'm not feeling great that they may be trying to screw me.
They also are saying that no changes can be made to the order once I sign this agreement. I thought changes can be made up until an actual production date is scheduled or VIN number assigned. What is the latest a change can be made?? Not that I plan on any, I just want to know if again my dealer is just trying to be lazy about a possible change I'd want to make.
Also, how do I confirm the Ford Private Offer of $7K towards the purchase?

· Registered
PRO IcedBlueSilver - TowTech, MaxTow, 9.6kwProPower: RECEIVED Aug23rd
475 Posts
you are basically between a rock and a hard place when it comes to this type of situation. Ford is not involved in this, only your dealer is. Your dealer makes the rules. They decide the final price. It's up to you to accept it, or not. Many dealers are adding ADM, and there's nothing you can do other than argue it. If Ford is passing on to you a 2022 converted to 2023 order, then they will also push that to the dealer, for a credit to the underlying build MSRP.
Tell them that you have a Ford Private Offer of $7 to reduce to overall bottom-line cost on the Agreement - they should be adding that into the equation. If they are simply providing a signed agreement PRIOR to the building of the vehicle, then they made not be seeing that Private Offer yet.

Generally, once you order a vehicle, you can make any change, at least any change that is allowed or is still something the factory can accomplish, prior to the SCHEDULED BUILD DATE. I changed my color.

You could also make any change prior to signing this agreement, and wait UNTIL the scheduled build date is released to do so. There is nothing that this 'Agreement' does for you - it sounds like a way for the dealer to simply 'lock in' their ADM. Since this is not impacted by the 'new' Tax Credit rules, since you obviously will not be receiving the vehicle before 12/31, I don't even see the need to sign any 'Agreement'. When your dealer ACCEPTED your order, that's all that needed to be done.

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,767 Posts
It’s time to sit down with your dealer and a copy of your accepted order showing no ADM. Ford MAY be able to help but no guarantee. Let the dealer know that you want a corrected agreement with all the right numbers.

If being nice doesn’t work, be sure to ask them if they plan to be a certified EV dealer. Let them know you have no problem going public on every social media platform and plan too let the world know they are a scam artist.

· Registered
61 Posts
There may not be anything wrong with what the dealer is saying. It has been explained to us the "private" offer is just that, private, and it will act like a coupon from the manufacturer when the sale is made. I assume the dealer paperwork will show a sale at the 2023 prices, with a manufacturer coupon applied.

Also, I sense the dealers don't want to lose $7k if Ford suddenly decides not to honor the deal. Remember Ford is squeezing the dealers with this restructure business plan, and they are independent businesses not sure what will be done next..

· Registered
8 Posts
I don’t think this is ADM. If it is a 23 MY you are getting then what you are likely seeing is the actual MSRP for the 2023 MY, which you will pay. If you ordered a 2022 MY (moved to 2023) then, If you qualify, you would be made good on the original 22 MY MSRP pricing via a rebate from Ford.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts