⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my dealer: “Yes, we are getting two service demos. My hope is we have them in the next 45 days.”
It would be great if demos are rolling off the production line in that timeframe. The press should get a hold of them fairly soon as well. Shortly there after we will see a bunch of YouTube videos drop.
Excited to drive one of these trucks.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,398 Posts
From my dealer: “Yes, we are getting two service demos. My hope is we have them in the next 45 days.”
It would be great if demos are rolling off the production line in that timeframe. The press should get a hold of them fairly soon as well. Shortly there after we will see a bunch of YouTube videos drop.
Excited to drive one of these trucks.
Yes, scheduling has begun, presumably for the FCTP (demo) trucks. It looks like Job #1 for Lightning will be in early March, so demos may hit dealerships as early as March but I'd expect mostly April-May.

Reactions: CDT

·
Registered
XLT-ER w/max tow. Carbonized Gray Metallic.
21 Posts
My dealer told me he was only getting two trucks this year. One will be a demo and mine since I was the only one on his list who was able to order. Also said not to expect it till fall since it was a XLT. He seems to think the Lariats will get the lions share of early production.

·
Registered
Current: 2020 Lincoln Aviator, 2018 Honda CRV. Ordered: 2022 Lightning Platinum Star White.
45 Posts
Regarding the # of dealer mannequins, per the Ford Lightning Q & A:
Will dealers have an F-150 Lighting on their lot so I can test drive one prior to ordering?
Starting in Spring 2022, all Electric Vehicle (EV)-Certified dealers will be receiving one 2022 MY demo unit that they will be able to use to give customers a hands-on experience with the truck and the ability to test drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.