⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey @Jer1983, that's great to hear. Did they give you more of a timeline of what to expect? Or when next you can expect to be updated on your delivery? Also, how did you spec it?
From what I understand they just got info, orders will be in January, production starts in April. Was told your average vehicle has like 20-30 chips in it and the lightning has over 100. Last part was random lol. Also as I understand once you order, it goes in order of reservations as long as you don’t have constraints

· Registered
30 Posts
From what I understand they just got info, orders will be in January, production starts in April. Was told your average vehicle has like 20-30 chips in it and the lightning has over 100. Last part was random lol. Also as I understand once you order, it goes in order of reservations as long as you don’t have constraints
Nothing new here. That is the same info that has been going around for months. Getting a 2022 may be good but it's been my experience that first year models tend to have the most problems. Good luck.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nothing new here. That is the same info that has been going around for months. Getting a 2022 may be good but it's been my experience that first year models tend to have the most problems. Good luck.
nope actually people are just learning that dealers are getting at best 20 and mostly 5 per dealership and that they can prioritize who is getting them if they want to.

you sound bitter, why even post. Enjoy your wait

· Registered
2022 Lightning Lariat & 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 AWD Limited
96 Posts
I also got the call from my dealer. They are getting 5. They called their first 5 reservation holders. I was #3 at my dealer even though I ordered at midnight after the May 19 intro.

At my dealer, they said #2 on the list dropped his reservation, so now I'm #2. Basically, the dealer still doesn't know a ton but said they'd most likely be calling early Jan 2022 to get my exact order (and more $ of course). Their call was to ask politely if I was 'all in' to make sure they concentrated on their 5 actual buying customers.

Their thought was that this initial wave would not be tied to a specific trim. (I was planning on going basic Lariat with bigger battery). Even with all that, I'd be shocked if I was taking delivery before July. That's fine and expected. We re-reserved an ID.4 in November and that has an expected build date of June.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also got the call from my dealer. They are getting 5. They called their first 5 reservation holders. I was #3 at my dealer even though I ordered at midnight after the May 19 intro.

At my dealer, they said #2 on the list dropped his reservation, so now I'm #2. Basically, the dealer still doesn't know a ton but said they'd most likely be calling early Jan 2022 to get my exact order (and more $ of course). Their call was to ask politely if I was 'all in' to make sure they concentrated on their 5 actual buying customers.

Their thought was that this initial wave would not be tied to a specific trim. (I was planning on going basic Lariat with bigger battery). Even with all that, I'd be shocked if I was taking delivery before July. That's fine and expected. We re-reserved an ID.4 in November and that has an expected build date of June.
Did they tell you what they wanted for an ordering down payment? I’m looking at a xlt premium with the extended batteries. Based on the fact that they are allegedly building them by reservation # once they get the orders and starting in April I’m guessing I’m getting a truck in late fall

· Registered
96 Posts
Did they tell you what they wanted for an ordering down payment? I’m looking at a xlt premium with the extended batteries. Based on the fact that they are allegedly building them by reservation # once they get the orders and starting in April I’m guessing I’m getting a truck in late fall
No specifics on down payment past the $100 reservation but most other EV reservations require $500-$1,000 at ordering. Even a lot of those are refundable based on the demand.

· Registered
1 Posts
They called me today saying my dealer is allocated 10 trucks. I need to pay $2500 extra to be in the first 10(reserved1st day). Also they wants extra $5000 over MSRP. Is it the norm or what they are trying to rip me off. Please help. They also told me I need to decide by the weekend.

· Registered
96 Posts
They called me today saying my dealer is allocated 10 trucks. I need to pay $2500 extra to be in the first 10(reserved1st day). Also they wants extra $5000 over MSRP. Is it the norm or what they are trying to rip me off. Please help. They also told me I need to decide by the weekend.
That is BS. When I've done other 'reservations' including on my wife's RAV4 Prime, I've never been asked to pay over MSRP. I never would regardless of the vehicle.

I may be a unique market and technically, a Ford franchise can do what it wants...but they have to live with whatever bad publicity you could create for them.

Here in Western NY, I know a lot of the dealers sell to out of state buyers for that reason. No additional markups and NY has none of the made up dealer, local or state fees (which seems ironic for NY).

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,022 Posts
Which dealer?

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,022 Posts
That is BS. When I've done other 'reservations' including on my wife's RAV4 Prime, I've never been asked to pay over MSRP. I never would regardless of the vehicle.

I may be a unique market and technically, a Ford franchise can do what it wants...but they have to live with whatever bad publicity you could create for them.

Here in Western NY, I know a lot of the dealers sell to out of state buyers for that reason. No additional markups and NY has none of the made up dealer, local or state fees (which seems ironic for NY).
Is your dealer on the Naughty/Nice list yet?

· Registered
16 Posts
I'd tell the to GFTHEMSELVES....5k over....there are dealers who will give you a signed purchase agreement for msrp. find them.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.