2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  keith.bohling 
#1 ·
This just went out to Mach E owners. Good advice for Lightnings as well:
Font Publication Document Paper Number

See less See more
  • Helpful
Reactions: R.I.P.
#2 ·
Actually got it yesterday - Lightning only in my account. They should be covering both.

#4 ·
My thought was so that it could direct more power to the battery and the heater wouldn't syphon the power off. However on another forum I inquired if the Lightning had a way to heat the battery and it was theorized by one that the same heater may heat the battery and the cabin, believing then that the truck wants to divert the heat to the battery, thus helping it charge faster. Otherwise - it doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Montym
#5 ·
I read in another thread that while plugged in, the cabin can be pre-warmed. I just want to make sure that the cabin can also be prewarmed without being plugged in, right? Sorry for the newbie questions but this will be my first EV and I have A LOT to learn about them.

Thanks

#7 ·
Hi all - I own a SR Lightning here in coastal Maine, un-garaged unfortunately. As cold weather winter has started to set in (avg mid 20s at night) I’ve seen my max range (est) drop to about 175-185miles. I do leave plugged in all night. My question is: what’s the difference between preconditioning (via setting departure schedule) Vs remote start (15-30mins) in terms of improving range? I’m not sure I understand the practical difference. would I see a meaningful bump in range if I precondition? Keep in mind: we don’t have a garage (tho I’m inspired to build one in the spring!)

#8 ·
I've not had to deal with this yet in Texas, but with the Tesla - the best thing for me was to save the charging for the couple of hours before I left, it depends on how much charge you need on a daily basis. I want the charging to happen just before I leave - which will warm the battery as much as anything, then I just started the car 10 minutes before I was ready to leave which turns on the heat, seats, steering wheel. Best of all worlds.

#11 ·
This last weekend I had to park my truck outside with a wind chill of 8F. The charging station I had planned to use was not available. 6 hours later I had to make a 100 mile drive back home. I was a little concerned about range and it got me thinking: For energy efficiency sake I would like to see a programmable temperature RANGE selection for the cabin. For example: I want to program a range of 60F to 75F and let the truck pick the actual cabin temperature set point based on energy efficiency. I don't want the truck trying to heat the cabin unless the low cabin set point has been reached. Or, as it warms up outside let the cabin temperature set point slide up to maximum range before starting the AC. Just a thought. Oh and I made it home no problem.
Font Display device Electronic device Multimedia Electric blue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.