⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2022 Ford Lightning, Lariat, Agate Black with Extended Range
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many of you, I'm awaiting my truck and pro charging station. I'm curious to know if there is already a solution to the issue of security- what's to stop someone from cutting the charging cord on an outside unit? With 15' of copper just laying around, I can easily see someone getting the bright idea of getting some pruning shears and making away with an expensive extension cord.
In an ideal world, I would have a garage to safely and securly house my station but in the current house situation, it's not possible.

· Registered
36 Posts
I have never heard of this sort of copper theft from private property, and I've been an EV driver for 10 years and talked with thousands of EV owners online.

If you expect people to cut copper cables on your property, what's to stop them from actually stealing something of value, like, a truck, TV, lawn furniture, etc?

Also, before anyone asks, no, people aren't going to steal your electricity either by plugging into your charging cord. My neighbour put his charger up on plugshare in 2012 (!) for free, no one visited since.

· Registered
PRO IcedBlueSilver - TowTech, MaxTow, 9.6kwProPower: RECEIVED Aug23rd
475 Posts
I certainly don't have a home situation where I'd worry about anything like that, heck, we don't even lock our doors... o.k., well, but I also understand some others are either just built to worry, or have neighborhoods where exposed 'things' might walk away, without at least some type of deterrent, even if it's only like our 'Security' sign. It's planted in the ground out near the driveway, but we have no 'security' : )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.