Ford Lightning Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the pricing is going to be on that wall chargers and if they’re universal or specific to Ford?
i’m currently building a custom home and I’ve had 100 amp cable run over to where I am going to have my charging station.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone know what the pricing is going to be on that wall chargers and if they’re universal or specific to Ford?
i’m currently building a custom home and I’ve had 100 amp cable run over to where I am going to have my charging station.
No specs nor pricing of the new 80-amp charger have been released. We're all in a holding pattern until more official information from Ford becomes available.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I "had" a 2012 Ford Focus ELECTRIC and a Mitsubishis I-Miev ELECTRIC a few years ago...the charging plugs for Ford, GM, Honda, Mitsubishi, etc were ALL The same EXCEPT of course....Tesla. I believe all the manufacturers use a COMMON charging plug EXCEPT Tesla...my .02 Bob

·
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
517 Posts
Except for Tesla chargers, all Chargers for US vehicles have a J-1772 connector on the end. That is universal for non-Tesla EVs in the US. What will vary dramatically is the charging rate. With a 100A service you’ll be able to accommodate the Ford Pro Charger. It is an 80A charger, will charge the Lightning at its fastest AC charging rate and can be used to power your home. It will be included with the Extended Range battery and am option with Standard range.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Except for Tesla chargers, all Chargers for US vehicles have a J-1772 connector on the end. That is universal for non-Tesla EVs in the US. What will vary dramatically is the charging rate. With a 100A service you’ll be able to accommodate the Ford Pro Charger. It is an 80A charger, will charge the Lightning at its fastest AC charging rate and can be used to power your home. It will be included with the Extended Range battery and am option with Standard range.
So to take advantage I should order the pro charger and extended range?

·
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
517 Posts
So to take advantage I should order the pro charger and extended range?
The 80A Ford Charge Station Pro with Ford Intelligent Backup Power capability comes standard with any truck ordered with the extended range battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts