⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m hoping that I missed a setting somewhere. When I plug in any charger (Ford mobile, Juicebox, Chargepoint, etc) the charging cable can be removed from the vehicle and doesn’t lock with the doors (as my other EV does). Am I missing a setting somewhere. I have not yet tried a DC fast charger so this is for the basic J1772 only at this point.

Thanks for any help.

· Registered
355 Posts
I’m hoping that I missed a setting somewhere. When I plug in any charger (Ford mobile, Juicebox, Chargepoint, etc) the charging cable can be removed from the vehicle and doesn’t lock with the doors (as my other EV does). Am I missing a setting somewhere. I have not yet tried a DC fast charger so this is for the basic J1772 only at this point.

Thanks for any help.
Your other EV must be a Tesla? Level 2 j1772 plugs don't lock like level 3 ones do.

· Registered
PRO IcedBlueSilver - TowTech, MaxTow, 9.6kwProPower: RECEIVED Aug23rd
475 Posts
some EVs do have a 'lock' feature for Level 2 charging, but for DC Fast Charging, you may not be able to unplug until you actually stop the charger, since it is in control, not the truck. I was held hostage at a CHAdeMO Chargepoint charger for this very reason - the screen on the Charge pedestal would not take my input to STOP charging, and there are no physical buttons on Chargepoint equipment - 15 minutes later, on the phone with Chargepoint customer service, he had to send a signal to disable the equipment. I could only then unplug.

· Registered
Lariat ER Antimatter blue.
44 Posts
Yeah I’m just referring to the basic home Level 2 charger. Is there any way to lock that one?
The truck doesn’t lock in the L2 plug, only the DC one.

The L2 plug on my Fusion Engergi had any eye where you could lock a tiny padlock to prevent it from being unplugged. Don’t remember seeing that anywhere else though.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The truck doesn’t lock in the L2 plug, only the DC one.

The L2 plug on my Fusion Engergi had any eye where you could lock a tiny padlock to prevent it from being unplugged. Don’t remember seeing that anywhere else though.
This is helpful, thank you. Now does anyone know if the 80 amp Ford Charge Station Pro locks in the car? It’s not DC but it does have the same connection bit at the bottom as DC fast chargers do (I’m told) so that the truck can power the house…

· Registered
Lariat ER Antimatter blue.
44 Posts
This is helpful, thank you. Now does anyone know if the 80 amp Ford Charge Station Pro locks in the car? It’s not DC but it does have the same connection bit at the bottom as DC fast chargers do (I’m told) so that the truck can power the house…
I would assume that it does, as it seems to be plug specific. Still waiting for the box, but once we have it I’ll check.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.