⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Chargepoint Home Flex vs the FCSP

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CondorActual 
#1 ·
So, my local power company seems to support off-hours charging rates for a list of vehicles that have supported telematics (Ford Mach-E seems to be supported), as well as one specific EVSE - the Chargepoint Home Flex. This unit can be hardwired or plugged into a 14-50/6-50 as the case may be. I'm not going to be using the V2H/Sunrun system as I have an existing solar system that doesn't support the vehicle to home solution. My question is, other than the obvious amperage difference, is there a reason to not go with the Chargepoint solution and just sell the FCSP when it arrives? Does charging at 80 amps over night really improve your charging experience that much over 48 amps? The chargepoint app and software solution seems a bit more feature rich that the Ford solution, and getting support for the Chargepoint might be easier than trying to deal with Ford if something goes wrong. Would I be missing some useful features from the FordPass app if I don't go with the FCSP solution?

Is anyone else thinking of going along a similar, non-FCSP route for charging your trucks? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Other than the access to the 80A charge rate, are there any Ford-specific features that I'd be missing out on from a software perspective? I know the FCSP integrates with the FordPass app - is that important in any real way?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.