⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my Lighting Lariat ER last week (love it) and now deciding on where to put the Charge Station Pro. I have a MachE that I'm charging with the AC charger (240V outlet) that came with the car. I'd prefer to have just one charger on one side of my garage and use the CSP to charge both cars. But, I can't seem to find anywhere, even at my dealership or chatting with Ford, if the Charge Station Pro can be used to charge the MachE. Sure seems like it would be fine to use the CSP as the MachE limits charge current. Anybody out there know the answer to this question?

Attachments

· Registered
62 Posts
I see no reason why it couldn’t be used. All Charge stations are just overpriced circuits/outlets with fuses. Like you stated, the car has the charger and limits the current. The charge station is just a means of moving the electricity

· Registered
2022 Lightning Lariat
108 Posts
I see no reason why it couldn’t be used. All Charge stations are just overpriced circuits/outlets with fuses. Like you stated, the car has the charger and limits the current. The charge station is just a means of moving the electricity
It is relatively simple to limit the charging current. Mine is limited to 40 amps, 50 amp circuit.
Passive circuit component Circuit component Green Hardware programmer Microcontroller

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,772 Posts
But, I can't seem to find anywhere, even at my dealership or chatting with Ford, if the Charge Station Pro can be used to charge the MachE.
Multiple folks on here have used their CSP to charge their Mach E. The CSP should charge any CCS-1 EV (sorry Leaf owners).

Reactions: 208

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All -
Thanks for the posts. I did reach Ford today, after being transferred three different times and 30 min on the phone, but in the end Ford confirmed you can use the CSP to charge a Mach E. Yea, just one charger in the garage and more importantly just one 100A breaker instead of having a 100A and a 50A.

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,772 Posts
I charge my Nissan Leaf with the CSP with my DYI adapter that everyone said I couldn't do. LOL
Love it!. You definitely need to post that adapter here.

· Registered
2022 F 150 Lightning Lariat 2022 Polestar 2 with plus plus package
62 Posts
Love it!. You definitely need to post that adapter here.
It is really simple. I bought a J1772 extension cord cut it from 20 ft to 1 ft and bought the pin set and put it back togather. I didn't like the 40 ft all togather cord. Then you cut the lower portion of the female cord it still fits tight and dosen't come apart. That was my solution.

· Administrator
3,772 Posts
It is really simple. I bought a J1772 extension cord cut it from 20 ft to 1 ft and bought the pin set and put it back togather. I didn't like the 40 ft all togather cord. Then you cut the lower portion of the female cord it still fits tight and dosen't come apart. That was my solution.
It would be great to see pictures of cuts you made.

· Registered
2022 F 150 Lightning Lariat 2022 Polestar 2 with plus plus package
62 Posts
You could use the 20ft extension and just make the cuts. I did that and it seem to get slightly warm but the cord was in the hot sun and I didn't need that much cord. My CSP is hooked to the grid. I only use it when I need charged up when the sun goes down. I have the Emporia car charger that is hooked to my solar and use it mostly.

· Administrator
3,772 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
You could use the 20ft extension and just make the cuts. I did that and it seem to get slightly warm but the cord was in the hot sun and I didn't need that much cord. My CSP is hooked to the grid. I only use it when I need charged up when the sun goes down. I have the Emporia car charger that is hooked to my solar and use it mostly.
Excellent on this! I've searched high and low for a CCS1 to Tesla adapted, and none available for AC! Since you are pretty much the only one who's made this work, do you think the adapter J1772 to Tesla can be trimmed in the same way?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts