⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I specified a dealer that is not very helpful, and not on the NO ADM list (elsewhere on this forum).

question: Can I change dealer and keep my place in line? I reserved on 5/20/2021 , so I thought I might have proceeded by now.

thanks

JohnnyFL

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
412 Posts
I will simply speak for myself, but yes, I changed dealers and was able to still order in Wave 1. Note - I changed dealers after I had the order email in hand. I received my invite to order on Thursday, I did some research over the weekend, called Ford on Monday, they updated my dealership live on the phone and 20 minutes later I placed my order with the new dealer, the new dealer accepted it the next morning.

I'm sure what I did bumped someone else down at the new dealer, but I didn't know and understand that at the time. I figure if they get 10 trucks for this years allocation they maybe thought they knew who their top 10 were that would get an invite and order. I'm sure after my order updated and was accepted that left them with one less allocation for their 10th person in line. To some degree I'm still OK with that, because on reveal night I reserved ahead of the other people at the new dealership I moved to.

They did not confirm nor deny, but I get the feeling the dealership I moved to had not prioritized any reservation holders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will simply speak for myself, but yes, I changed dealers and was able to still order in Wave 1. Note - I changed dealers after I had the order email in hand. I received my invite to order on Thursday, I did some research over the weekend, called Ford on Monday, they updated my dealership live on the phone and 20 minutes later I placed my order with the new dealer, the new dealer accepted it the next morning.

I'm sure what I did bumped someone else down at the new dealer, but I didn't know and understand that at the time. I figure if they get 10 trucks for this years allocation they maybe thought they knew who their top 10 were that would get an invite and order. I'm sure after my order updated and was accepted that left them with one less allocation for their 10th person in line. To some degree I'm still OK with that, because on reveal night I reserved ahead of the other people at the new dealership I moved to.

They did not confirm nor deny, but I get the feeling the dealership I moved to had not prioritized any reservation holders.
thanks GDN.
By reading other posts (and your reply), I think the best way to go is to wait for the invite to order then change.

may I ask what number you called at Ford? Did you call the new dealer, or was there some general number?

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
412 Posts
They have been including one in the order email you will receive 1-800-334-4375, Ford Customer Experience line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts