⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lariat ER 3000 Miles on it and already having to have battery replaced. Ever since new battery would only charge to 85% even when setting to charge to 100%. On 11/1 brought truck in to have checked out and found a cell might be bad but ford had no answer for that. Picked truck up from dealership on 11/10 and drove 45 miles then dash lit up with Stop safely now and service vehicle soon power reduced to 4%. Ford pass showing high voltage battery warning and power train malfunction/reduced power. Truck has been at delearship since waiting on battery that was supposed to be in last Tuesday 11/22 but still has not showed up. Ford customer care seems to not actually care whatsoever. Saying i wanted a vehilce comparable to drive while repairs were being done they offered $60/day towards rental. Obviously you cant rent a Lariat F150 for that cost so told them just pay me the $60 per day and i would drive my other vehicle and they could cover gas while waiting for repairs to be complete. They said they cant do anything until the battery is delivered to the dealership. I own a total of 18 Ford Vehicles 2 expeditions 2 f-150 1 e350 and 12 f350s but brand loyalty doesnt seem to matter.

· Registered
F-150 Lightning
122 Posts
Lariat ER 3000 Miles on it and already having to have battery replaced. Ever since new battery would only charge to 85% even when setting to charge to 100%. On 11/1 brought truck in to have checked out and found a cell might be bad but ford had no answer for that. Picked truck up from dealership on 11/10 and drove 45 miles then dash lit up with Stop safely now and service vehicle soon power reduced to 4%. Ford pass showing high voltage battery warning and power train malfunction/reduced power. Truck has been at delearship since waiting on battery that was supposed to be in last Tuesday 11/22 but still has not showed up. Ford customer care seems to not actually care whatsoever. Saying i wanted a vehilce comparable to drive while repairs were being done they offered $60/day towards rental. Obviously you cant rent a Lariat F150 for that cost so told them just pay me the $60 per day and i would drive my other vehicle and they could cover gas while waiting for repairs to be complete. They said they cant do anything until the battery is delivered to the dealership. I own a total of 18 Ford Vehicles 2 expeditions 2 f-150 1 e350 and 12 f350s but brand loyalty doesnt seem to matter.
Hey there. Can you send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with? I would like to look into your Lightning's battery issues on my end.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sucks man, hope they step up to help!
They should. My dealer has been great. I’ve already ordered a replacement vehicle. Lucky enough to get a raptor 37 package. Love the lightning just have a hard time trusting it. I was first one at my dealership. Have a 23 platinum ordered as well. So we will
See what they do

· Registered
29 Posts
Exact same issue happened to me. @Ford Motor Company My truck is at camelback Ford right now being diagnosed. Same would not hold charge issue, and they have diagnosed it as a bad cell so far. I’m assuming they will have to replace the battery pack too but they haven’t settled on that resolution quite yet. Prepared for it to be a while unfortunately. I was excited about the truck too, but looks like we got a lemon. I hope it gets fixed right and fairly quickly.

· Registered
2022 Lariat ER | Res: 4/19/21 | Order: 5/19/22 | Prod: 7/25 | Dlvrd: Soon? | FCSP: Soon?
141 Posts
I'm glad Ford is taking care of it. As with anything manufactured, there are going to be a certain ratio of things produced that are faulty. I'm hoping that these problems are few. But I will def stay abreast, and thanks for sharing. Please keep us updated @ChaseV

· Registered
29 Posts
@scoobie dont hold your breath on anything being done in a hurry.
I’m definitely not. Fortunately did get a loaner but I expect to be without the truck for a while. I know this is an “early adopter” risk so I’m not angry per se, but I guess my hope and expectation would be that Ford would be anxious to get that entire pack back to diagnose themselves, and rush the new pack out for our trucks. This should be a good learning experience for ford techs and manufacturing, but I hope our trucks aren’t held hostage for too long.

On the positive side, the dealer has been very pleasant to work with!

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@scoobie my dealership offered a loaner but i don't feel like the dealership is responsible to make sure i have something to drive while they have been more than helpful. In other cases on Mach Es ive seen where @Ford Motor Company gave the person a comparable vehicle MSRP wise and reimbursed for gas purchased during repairs. I have another vehicle and im renting it back to myself for the $60 per day day since vehicle went in shop 11/1.

· Registered
4 Posts
I also had my battery replaced only drove 580 miles truck would not drive more than 5 mph called Ford waited 3hrs for tow truck and was told couldn't go with tow trucks 30 miles from home how do I get home. Wait for 3 weeks to get truck back they only replaced one section they said there are 8 section only one had a bad cell. Still don't get any miles out of a full charge battery on highway only get half of shown miles.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Teddy Bear that’s terrible. My dealer actually sent a flat bed truck with a loaner to drive for the rest of the night. I was 50 miles from home. They paid for me to go have dinner while I waited for tow truck. Again my dealer is top notch @Ford Motor Company on the other hand is handling this terribly. I’ve been in shop since the 1st and now battery is back ordered

· Registered
29 Posts
@Teddy Bear that’s terrible. My dealer actually sent a flat bed truck with a loaner to drive for the rest of the night. I was 50 miles from home. They paid for me to go have dinner while I waited for tow truck. Again my dealer is top notch @Ford Motor Company on the other hand is handling this terribly. I’ve been in shop since the 1st and now battery is back ordered
Sounds like be thankful they want to replace the whole battery rather than one cell. I’m worried my dealer might only replace one cell and I’ll just end up back there again - this time I broke down on my block. Next time it might be in BFE.

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,584 Posts
Sounds like be thankful they want to replace the whole battery rather than one cell. I’m worried my dealer might only replace one cell and I’ll just end up back there again - this time I broke down on my block. Next time it might be in BFE.
Early in vehicle deployments like this, Ford likes to replace full systems so they can do a full diagnostic to see what failed. That is probably why they are replacing whole packs at this point.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts