Ford Lightning Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a group buy on 80 AMP home chargers. If I get 50 pre order I should be able to get them for 499 plus tax. These would be LCD display and cell phone controlled units.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a group buy on 80 AMP home chargers. If I get 50 pre order I should be able to get them for 499 plus tax. These would be LCD display and cell phone controlled units.
Where are you seeing the option to group buy them? Do we know what the individual units cost? I'm looking at standard range battery (after seeing extended pricing) so I'll be looking to get a charger a la carte.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
618 Posts
Just to be clear, does the Charger you are talking about have on the bi-directional capability?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If I can use these on the standard range battery and they're still bi-directional current, I'm in for a group buy. Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Following to see if these can be used to power my house.
The Lightning can power the average house for 3 days.
"Provided the Lightning is plugged in, Ford's Intelligent Backup Power system works automatically (though you can manually configure it if you prefer), switching on when there's an electrical interruption. It feeds power from the truck's prodigious battery pack back to the 80-amp, 240-volt home charger, then the juice gets routed to an inverter, which magically transforms it from DC to AC, and finally that sweet, sweet electricity gets routed to all the plugs, lights and appliances in your home. It's pretty neat stuff."

·
Super Moderator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
618 Posts
The Lightning can power the average house for 3 days.
"Provided the Lightning is plugged in, Ford's Intelligent Backup Power system works automatically (though you can manually configure it if you prefer), switching on when there's an electrical interruption. It feeds power from the truck's prodigious battery pack back to the 80-amp, 240-volt home charger, then the juice gets routed to an inverter, which magically transforms it from DC to AC, and finally that sweet, sweet electricity gets routed to all the plugs, lights and appliances in your home. It's pretty neat stuff."
The question is whether this charger being discussed will have bi-directional charging capability.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If the unit you are talking about is bi-directional I'm in. I have a 80 amp 1 directional so I don't need another 1 of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts