⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a group buy on 80 AMP home chargers. If I get 50 pre order I should be able to get them for 499 plus tax. These would be LCD display and cell phone controlled units.
Where are you seeing the option to group buy them? Do we know what the individual units cost? I'm looking at standard range battery (after seeing extended pricing) so I'll be looking to get a charger a la carte.

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,088 Posts
Just to be clear, does the Charger you are talking about have on the bi-directional capability?

· Registered
539 Posts
Following to see if these can be used to power my house.
The Lightning can power the average house for 3 days.
"Provided the Lightning is plugged in, Ford's Intelligent Backup Power system works automatically (though you can manually configure it if you prefer), switching on when there's an electrical interruption. It feeds power from the truck's prodigious battery pack back to the 80-amp, 240-volt home charger, then the juice gets routed to an inverter, which magically transforms it from DC to AC, and finally that sweet, sweet electricity gets routed to all the plugs, lights and appliances in your home. It's pretty neat stuff."

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,088 Posts
The Lightning can power the average house for 3 days.
"Provided the Lightning is plugged in, Ford's Intelligent Backup Power system works automatically (though you can manually configure it if you prefer), switching on when there's an electrical interruption. It feeds power from the truck's prodigious battery pack back to the 80-amp, 240-volt home charger, then the juice gets routed to an inverter, which magically transforms it from DC to AC, and finally that sweet, sweet electricity gets routed to all the plugs, lights and appliances in your home. It's pretty neat stuff."
The question is whether this charger being discussed will have bi-directional charging capability.

· Registered
Lightning XLT- Wave 2-Build 5/30
26 Posts
Much more costs to the bi-directional Intelligent Backup Power feature of the Lightning. I'm no expert on this, just read some of the fine print available.

IMHO
  1. Ford F-150 Lightning = battery storage
  2. Ford 80 AMP Charge Station Pro (~+$3,000 if you don't have a ER battery) included with ER.
  3. Ford is going to charge Lightning with SR batteries a one-time +$500 activation fee for the privilege of having the Intelligent Backup Power feature on your Lightning SR, included with ER.
  4. Most will have to upgrade the house to a 200A - 400A electrical service and electrical panel/s to accept the Intelligent Backup Power feature from the Lightning.
  5. Sunrun will charge you for the purchase of a Home Integration System (home inverter) $$$
  6. Sunrun will work with local utility company, licensed electrician, and the Permits for the system integration. $$$
OR

Cheapest route is to buy some HD extension cords to run off the bed's Power Point for the refrigerator/ freezer, furnace and blower for heat in the winter, a/c and blower for the summer heat, emergency lighting, broadband service/ router/ hub, charge electronics, water well pump, electric stove top, microwave, etc...

Reactions: ChasingCoral
1 - 13 of 13 Posts