⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
161 - 180 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Finally received my Atlas Blue Lightning Lariat today (7/30) after some rail delays, local trucking delay and a first delivery attempt on Thursday that failed for various reasons. However the truck itself is really great. The dealer, Ford Country, Henderson, NV stuck to all agreements- MSRP, no dealer add ons, 0% financing on the extended warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since there isn't anything for Nebraska. I thought I would share a Facebook message that I received from Anderson Ford here in Lincoln, Nebraska concerning my lightning reservation:

Hi *, thanks for using us as the recommended dealer. We do not have any mark up on retail orders. We would just have the $299 admin fee which is on all of our transactions. Feel free to contact me at anytime.

I'm going to check a couple more dealerships.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can add Folsom Lake Ford in California to the naughty list. Spoke with Internet sales today and he stated "we just want to be up front with customers that we will charge an additional markup if and when additional units become available". At least they were upfront about it...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I picked up my XLT-SR last week. Downtown Ford in Sacramento has no ADM on customer orders. They had no upsell for VIN etching, fabric protection, Lo-Jack etc. They encouraged me to get an extended warranty and gave me a quote. When I told them I could get it cheaper, they didn't push it. All in all, a great experience. My Mach E is on order with them as well.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
$50,000 markup on a Lightning Platinum at Vancouver Ford in Washington.
That has been common for trucks on the lot but doesn't necessarily represent what they do for customer orders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Placed my F-150 Lightning Pro order at Puente Hills Ford (City of Industry, CA) yesterday and confirmed with dealer (phone call and text) that there is no ADM (they were charging $10K previously as stated on first page tracker) but there would be a "negotiable" add on accessories for every cars they sold for a few items (5 years interior protection, alarm, theft protection code, ding defender protective strip) for $2800. Will see!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a day one reservation holder. At that time, I contacted my local Ford dealer (Orchid Isle Ford in Hawaii). The sales manager told me that they were marking up F-150 Lightnings $3k, which I thought was fair. When I spoke with them a few days ago, the sales manager then advised me that they were now charging $8k over MSRP. It's making me seriously consider moving my reservation elsewhere, possibly even out of state, if possible. Who knows? Maybe I'll wait for the Chevy or some other EV truck.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
I'm a day one reservation holder. At that time, I contacted my local Ford dealer (Orchid Isle Ford in Hawaii). The sales manager told me that they were marking up F-150 Lightnings $3k, which I thought was fair. When I spoke with them a few days ago, the sales manager then advised me that they were now charging $8k over MSRP. It's making me seriously consider moving my reservation elsewhere, possibly even out of state, if possible. Who knows? Maybe I'll wait for the Chevy or some other EV truck.
Have you placed an order yet?

@KamuelaFlyer Is on the Big Island and may have some input.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another for the list:

PENNSYLVANIA
Bedford Ford in Bedford, PA: adding 5K to MSRP

I had my reservation there and called up to check their ADM policy in August when the 2023 banks were getting ready to open. Sales rep called me back the next day after confirming with the GM and other managers. Said when something is in demand and "everyone else" is charging extra, it would be bad business to not add a markup. They figured they'd be one of the only dealers charging only $5k. It would be bad business sense to leave $5k on the table.

I agreed with them on that last point and switched my reservation to Family Ford in Carlisle, PA. They have been great to work with. Kenny re-confirmed no markup, and answered all my questions. They can't switch your reservation, you have to call Ford to do so. Ford had trouble finding the dealer in their system, and I had to make two follow up calls. I think Ford's system was having issues that day. If switching dealer, ask the dealer for the "PNA" number (sometimes called a Parts Code). But once Ford found the dealer, the switch was instant.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Another for the list:

PENNSYLVANIA
Bedford Ford in Bedford, PA: adding 5K to MSRP

I had my reservation there and called up to check their ADM policy in August when the 2023 banks were getting ready to open. Sales rep called me back the next day after confirming with the GM and other managers. Said when something is in demand and "everyone else" is charging extra, it would be bad business to not add a markup. They figured they'd be one of the only dealers charging only $5k. It would be bad business sense to leave $5k on the table.

I agreed with them on that last point and switched my reservation to Family Ford in Carlisle, PA. They have been great to work with. Kenny re-confirmed no markup, and answered all my questions. They can't switch your reservation, you have to call Ford to do so. Ford had trouble finding the dealer in their system, and I had to make two follow up calls. I think Ford's system was having issues that day. If switching dealer, ask the dealer for the "PNA" number (sometimes called a Parts Code). But once Ford found the dealer, the switch was instant.
Welcome to the forum @soawesomejohn! What a brutal answer from your original dealer, they make it sound like they're doing you the favor of only charging a $5,000 markup.

That's great you were able to switch dealers and find one that won't charge a markup. Which Lightning model did you order?

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's great you were able to switch dealers and find one that won't charge a markup. Which Lightning model did you order?
Thanks! I am still waiting to order. I suppose Family Ford could change their mind (or maybe I could have bargained away the original dealer's ADM), but they are rather straight forward and clear on their policy of no ADM.

I am planning to get the Pro with max tow and pro power (9.6KW). I rarely tow (mostly for lumber), and moving from an small SUV to a pickup means I could tow even less. However, I do like the idea of the extra battery cooling, and knowing my truck has the max possible towing capacity. I have had to borrow trucks in the past to haul cargo trailers. Last fall the person I usually borrowed from sold their truck, and I was "stuck" not being able to pull a cargo trailer up my hill for several months and almost didn't get it up before winter. Most of my trips are within 50 miles, the range is less of a concern, but I am looking forward to the increased capability.

·
Registered
14 Posts
JC Lewis Ford in Savannah, GA has guaranteed MSRP.
Metter Ford in Metter, GA has also guaranteed MSRP.

You can add OC Welch Ford in Hardeeville, South Carolina to the naughty list as I called them to inquire about moving my reservation to them and they said there would be an added dealer cost but that the owner hadn't come up with the number yet...

161 - 180 of 193 Posts