⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stevens Ford in Milford, Connecticut states $2500 adm on Ford checkout. Called to reveal ADM is $7500. (I decided to find a new dealer). Salesman said ADM was non-negotiable.

Anderson's Rock River in Rockford, IL - called and said no ADM, won't honor x-plan
Wickstrom Ford, Barrington, IL - No ADM, Won't honor X-Plan

·
Registered
52 Posts
To add to Harrold Ford in Sacramento. They are adding $15,000 to MSRP even after speaking with Ford corporate.
Unbelievable. What did Ford corporate have to say? I know they have been very interested in hearing about dealers adding an ADM, and the reps at the 800 # are "reporting them" to corporate. I don't think Ford has much control over the dealers under current laws, although they have leverage with allocations, etc. Can't wait to get the dealers out of the sales picture.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I called the customer service line, they sympathized but I don't believe they can do much about it. I had the order email in hand when my dealer wanted the ADM and ford just changed dealers for me and I took my allocation with me and completed the order with the other dealer. Made me feel good :).

Can't really trash talk the dealer I went with as they offered MSRP for it. I'm sure they were happy to take in an additional lightning order.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I called the customer service line, they sympathized but I don't believe they can do much about it. I had the order email in hand when my dealer wanted the ADM and ford just changed dealers for me and I took my allocation with me and completed the order with the other dealer. Made me feel good :).

Can't really trash talk the dealer I went with as they offered MSRP for it. I'm sure they were happy to take in an additional lightning order.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have a view of how committed the dealerships are to the price at order confirmation? The fine print seems unclear if this is the final price or the dealer can add an adjustment at time of purchase.

·
Registered
2020 Tesla Model Y LR+; 1976 Ford F100 SB; 2022 Lightning Lariat ordered 4/28/22
24 Posts

so after you placed your order with one dealer, you are able to transfer it to another dealer? I thought you had to change dealers before completing the order. Just confirming because I have two days to place mine and I’m waiting on confirmation from my dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
so after you placed your order with one dealer, you are able to transfer it to another dealer? I thought you had to change dealers before completing the order. Just confirming because I have two days to place mine and I’m waiting on confirmation from my dealer.
I had the ready to order email available for my first place. I called Ford to switch dealers and then I could order with the second dealer. Do not actually complete the online order with the first place if you intend on switching because then apparently they will own that order and you can't do much then.

My switch wasn't seem less. Upon calling and switching my order kept showing technical difficulties (others were able to order no problem) but my dealer had to get their local Ford rep involved to manually get my order through. I successfully signed the paperwork in ink a few days ago and my online ford status shows as ordered with the new dealer

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
494 Posts
You must switch dealers BEFORE you order. You are coming down to the wire.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Does anyone have a view of how committed the dealerships are to the price at order confirmation? The fine print seems unclear if this is the final price or the dealer can add an adjustment at time of purchase.
It's best if you get a signed buyer's order to be sure.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·

The biggest tool Ford has is to threaten cuts to next year's allocations if a dealer is uncooperative this year.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Lightning, Lariat, Agate Black with Extended Range
9 Posts
Obi66- Ford Corporate was helpful and very understanding, however I was told there was 'nothing they could do to punish the dealership except take away the allocation'. I switched dealers and not only did they lose the Lightning order, I currently have a Maverick which they lost out on reselling (at a mark up), they also lost out on any future sales.

AdmiralYams-
Your experience describes min perfectly, even down to the system not working for several days. Finally by day 5, at 6am, the system was working and I ordered right away.

·
Administrator
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
I’m curious to hear how the first lightning sales actually go. Wonder if there is a way to track dealers who try to pull a fast one on day of sale.
Sure. Post it right here.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Reactions: BeeLightning

·
Registered
2022 Ford Lightning, Lariat, Agate Black with Extended Range
9 Posts
Whether it was you or the dealer, It looks like there are a few added options:
SMOKED QUARTZ TINTED CC MET 510.00
MAX TRAILER TOW PACKAGE 825.00