⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Add another one to the list:

Local dealer selling for MSRP but want me to pay $10K in various non-negotiable add-ons. This is after I repeatedly confirmed with them that the truck will be MSRP and nothing else. Really disappointed as I have been waiting for 1+ year for this.

I have a few days to decide what to do. I was paying cash so that's $10K extra I have to come up with.

·
Registered
Lariat
5 Posts
That's crazy. Dealers have lost their minds. I'm already having trouble processing that I'm paying sticker price. I sure am not paying over it lol
I talked to a Ford Marketing rep today and she said there will be repercussions for the dealerships who charge over listed price, lose their relationship with Ford, deny completely of the best selling vehicles or limited them. I told her of two dealerships that want $25k and a $20k over listed price and one guy told me he knew of a dealership that wanted $45k over list. I called my dealer and they are selling at listed price. so all I need is that order email.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Add another one to the list:

Local dealer selling for MSRP but want me to pay $10K in various non-negotiable add-ons. This is after I repeatedly confirmed with them that the truck will be MSRP and nothing else. Really disappointed as I have been waiting for 1+ year for this.

I have a few days to decide what to do. I was paying cash so that's $10K extra I have to come up with.
Pleas provide the name of the dealer and city for me to add them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hemborg Ford, Norco, California = No Dealer Additional Markup.

They sold to me at a price ordered with no pressure or nonsense. It was a great experience, and the dealership is to be commended.

Norco is a little off the beaten path and is predominantly a ranching community.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No mark up for pre-orders at Jefferson Motor Company, Jefferson, GA, and, at my request, without even quibbling, immediately put it in writing.

Plus they are a small dealership in a small town and just seem to be good people.

They will mark up non-orders. They have a demonstrator they have to keep for six months that I am curious what it sells for.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
In Hawaii, Honolulu Ford told me my F150 Lightning order would have at least a $10K markup. Another dealership, Cutter Ford told me that it would be at least 10K and could be $25K. They are selling their F150 Lightning Pro demo for $40K over MSRP, and said it would be more than $80K. I am so glad that Ford is cracking down on the stealerships that are given car buying a bad experience!

·
Registered
2022 Lightning Lariat
17 Posts
Harrison Ford of Mankato MN added no ADM to my Lariat. From day one they were very up front and honest.

A little Story:
Many years ago I was on a list for a new Harley Dyna Glide. It took 3 years to finally receive my bike. A few years later I wanted to upgrade and one of the dealers in town was adding a $1,500.00 fee to all new bikes. The salesman said they charge what the market will bare. Years later when Harley Davidson sales were crashing I went to the same dealership that tried to gouge me and asked if they would lower the price by $1,500.00 because the market was down. They treated me as if they were insulted and disgusted with my suggestion. Needless to say, over the years, I bought four motorcycles from a single dealership that did not gouge it's customers AND I will never forget. I am sure I will be buying a few more vehicles before my time on this earth is done but, I will remember till that day the dealership that gouged me and the one that was fair and honest.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Kendall Ford in Bozeman MT sold me the truck at the exact number on the window sticker, no markup, great communication from my salesman.

• Helpful
Reactions: ChasingCoral
181 - 193 of 193 Posts