⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
22 Lariat ER AMBlue
86 Posts
I have my truck in hand and I’ve been trying in good faith for nearly a month to get my hands on the station. Yesterday the rep I’ve been dealing with admitted there’s a huge backlog and “we’ll let you know” when I can expect to have my charger.

i’ve seen other people tweet Jim Farley and get a response I wonder if someone who has Twitter and an order that’s been delivered should tweet him? I don’t use Twitter so can’t do it myself.

This is ridiculous! Everything about getting an install hinges on having the charger

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
And now it is official. Ford is out of stock of the 80 amps Charge Pro station. End of June before deliveries start again.
Wanted to ask Ford?? Is the charger is made in China or in Michigan??
In the meantime, I have to stagger home base charging between my Mach E and the Lightning. Charge Point Home Flex charger don't fail me now.!!!!!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
You get $500 and 250 kWh of EA charging

The FCSPs may be made in the USA. Not sure:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I saw that. I took delivery a week ago and so far no 250kWh credit and no contact from ford or dealer about this. Right now 110 is my only home charging option, which is really no option since the charge rate is roughly 500-700W or just over 1 mile of range added per hour.
You get $500 and 250 kWh of EA charging

The FCSPs may be made in the USA. Not sure:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I saw that. I took delivery a week ago and so far no 250kWh credit and no contact from ford or dealer about this. Right now 110 is my only home charging option, which is really no option since the charge rate is roughly 500-700W or just over 1 mile of range added per hour.
The charge rate for level one on all EV's I am familiar with can be toggled in the vehicle between 800w (ish) and 1200w. Most default to the lower setting to not stress the circuit. If you are using a circuit that does not have other substantial loads on it you should be able to toggle L1 charging to high and get a bit more charge out of the little 110 outlet.
:cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don’t think there are any settings on the travel charger. If it’s switching rates it’s doing it automatically
The charge rate for level one on all EV's I am familiar with can be toggled in the vehicle between 800w (ish) and 1200w. Most default to the lower setting to not stress the circuit. If you are using a circuit that does not have other substantial loads on it you should be able to toggle L1 charging to high and get a bit more charge out of the little 110 outlet.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don’t think there are any settings on the travel charger. If it’s switching rates it’s doing it automatically
Yeah, I checked the manual and it does not talk about L1 hi/low sittings that I am used to. Maybe Ford figures L1 is just not going to be used except as a trickle charger.

Really, a 14-50 is so cheap & easy it has become the EV standard.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,398 Posts
Ford's Mobile Power Cord doesn't have any ability to switch power levels except by changing the pigtail: one for 110v and one for 220v.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Have you activated the vehicle in Ford Pass?
When it is activated, go to the vehicle's charging page and activate the Ford Charging network where you may see the balance of KW available with EA. That is where I always find my balance of available KWs remaining for my Mach E.
My Lightning is going into production this week. When exactly, I don't know.
Ford customer service helped me with the process to track it. I read from someone in this forum that they were able to activate their vehicle while was parked in a nearby lot waiting for transport. He did not report any progress since then.
Now back to the additional 250KW added to the balance. Don't know when they issue the additional 250KW in your account if they mention also the issue of $500 debit card.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Have you activated the vehicle in Ford Pass?
When it is activated, go to the vehicle's charging page and activate the Ford Charging network where you may see the balance of KW available with EA. That is where I always find my balance of available KWs remaining for my Mach E.
My Lightning is going into production this week. When exactly, I don't know.
Ford customer service helped me with the process to track it. I read from someone in this forum that they were able to activate their vehicle while was parked in a nearby lot waiting for transport. He did not report any progress since then.
Now back to the additional 250KW added to the balance. Don't know when they issue the additional 250KW in your account if they mention also the issue of $500 debit card.
I have been using my initial 250 (down to 51) and I haven't seen any new increase.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I was thinking about this today......is there anyone successfully using this charger at 80 amps with out amber lights, overheating, stopping/restarting charging, etc?
I read from a member that he programed his wallbox to draw 64amps instead of 80amps.
But with mine.....I still can't connect the wallbox to my WiFi. No communication, no control, no programming, no truck recognition, just a dumb charging wallbox on the wall.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I read from a member that he programed his wallbox to draw 64amps instead of 80amps.
But with mine.....I still can't connect the wallbox to my WiFi. No communication, no control, no programming, no truck recognition, just a dumb charging wallbox on the wall.
I've heard plenty who got it to work by decrease the amp output on the dipswitch, but has anyone, on planet earth, gotten it to work at 80 amps?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I'm currently hooked up to 100 amp line @ 80 amps and it is charging. I didn't bother with the setup after 5 minutes.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Is it set for full 80 amp delivery? And, is it flipping on and off over and over and over due to overheating?
Not noticing the flipping you are referring to. For all intents and purposes, it is running at 80 amps. I didn't get the set up complete, so I don't know what to check. As I'm monitoring the Fordpass app, it is definitely charging much faster. 46% to 64% in 2 hours, saying 100% @ 7pm est. Though I'm expecting my max limit setting to kick in.

My electrician did install an addition piece and I'm forgetting the name of it, outside of the breaker. He said he did some research and noted it needed it. I'm asking him now.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts